Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Seen it before...wouldn't want it personally. Be too distracting...i'd always have it in my perhipal and it would bug the heck out me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
who really looks at the speedo when they're riding... im to busy looking for cops or chics...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I actually put had a helmet on that had one, and I was disstracting as all hell. I kept looking that the display rather then the road.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm... Well I'd get one if I had $300 to spare (and they were selling it right now...). You'd just have to learn to not be distracted by it. After that, you'd wouldn't have to take your eyes off the road to check speed or anything. Everything would be right there. Not to mention its pimp :D

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i would try it. ttake some getting used ot , but why not. i find myself looking at my tach all the time because i cant hear the engine with my helmet on. friggin stock priller exhaust sounds like a friggin sewing machine.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Seems to me like after getting used to it, it would be a pretty cool and useful thing to have. Lets just hope that in the time it takes me to get used to it, i dont crash and burn and lose limbs...

·
Registered
9 Posts
would be cool to tie other things into the display as well...such as radar detector flashing light. hi temp and low oil pressure flashing lights. shift light too.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I'd have one in a second. How much are they? $300 someone said? The HUD is the way of the future both in cars and on bikes.
Picture a tiny radar unit in the bike that could display a 360 shot of close by traffic. A GPS interface for directions without having to look down at your tank bag. Fuel status, etc.
Embrace the future, my friends.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
That's pretty neat if just for the gear indicator. That could come in handy. But also for future expansions like Solly stated.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'd be up for it. Sweet gadget

·
Registered
4 Posts
it would be cool, but i dunno about having the big cube thing strapped to your forehead. Maybe if you could put the "comptuer" somwhere else and have the HUD emitter there would be better.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
If they could make it display lap times, average speed, top speed, what gear I was in during my last lap at this point and if I should change or not....sure I'd buy one.....lol.

They will make that the day monkeys fly out of my butt!

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
No thanks..I think it would be distracting..plus I know what gear I am in by the sound of the engine.

As for speed, I hardly go the limit LOL so I already know I am going fast :lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
I fly with a helmet mounted sight (JHMCS for you mil-types) and it is distracting at first, but once you get used to it, you love it. I'd give it a shot on the bike.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think it's pretty cool looking. Don't think it would bother me while riding.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts