Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got my Sony headphones yesterday (Fontopia MDR-EX71SL) and all I have to say is I'm glad I only paid 30.00 for them and not 50.00 because they SUCK!! They fit great and they feel like wearing foam ear plugs, they fit under the helmet perfect, but the sound quality is for shit, any type of bass and they start to distort, they are no where near loud enuff, I tried them with my friends ipod, and my Sony net MD mp3 player

Bottom line if you were thinking about buying these I would pass them up and keep looking for a better headphone.

·
Jerk
990 Posts
When you are sitting at Starbucks is there that much noise around you that the headphones don't work? :twofinger

Tom.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow- I just got the same headphones and I think they're great :D The bass is amazing for earbuds- I haven't tried turning em up that loud because I've been using them while riding and I want to hear some of the surroundings.

My only complaint is that they seal off your ear too well and I can't hear enough of what's going on even on low volumes. At highway speeds I think they're fine though, which is why I plan on using them only on long trips.

Edit: Ok I had the MP3 player sitting here at work from riding today and tried it out. Yeah the bass does distort at high volumes but I had to turn it up pretty high- much higher than I'd ever actually listen at. I'm using a Creative Nomad II MG. Anyway I think they're good for what I want them for so I'll keep mine:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Captal said:
Wow- I just got the same headphones and I think they're great :D The bass is amazing for earbuds- I haven't tried turning em up that loud because I've been using them while riding and I want to hear some of the surroundings.

My only complaint is that they seal off your ear too well and I can't hear enough of what's going on even on low volumes. At highway speeds I think they're fine though, which is why I plan on using them only on long trips.

Edit: Ok I had the MP3 player sitting here at work from riding today and tried it out. Yeah the bass does distort at high volumes but I had to turn it up pretty high- much higher than I'd ever actually listen at. I'm using a Creative Nomad II MG. Anyway I think they're good for what I want them for so I'll keep mine:D
You know maybe I'm just too picky, I really love music so I'm big on sound quality, I think I'm looking for studio headphone sound out of ear buds, I guess when I seen them at Best Buy for $50.00 I thought that they must be really good, I think I'm just going to make cut out's in my helmet for regular headphones.

mr_druid said:
When you are sitting at Starbucks is there that much noise around you that the headphones don't work? :twofinger

Tom.
Yeah maybe I should take the headphones off so I can hear all you guys riding to the gas station, after leaving the mall :twofinger and if I pay close attention I can hear someone say so where are we going

·
Registered
348 Posts
amazon.com, see the other headphones thread.

They come with three different size earplugs that you can swap out

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Completely unrelated, but I wanted to share because of their extremely extreme hotness....

These are 18 year old triplets going to Cambridge University.

Mmmmmm.... triplets.....

I suppose they have worn headphones at some point or another, so this is related. :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hehehe.....nice ADD post...LOL

·
Registered
459 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Completely unrelated, but I wanted to share because of their extremely extreme hotness....

These are 18 year old triplets going to Cambridge University.

Mmmmmm.... triplets.....

I suppose they have worn headphones at some point or another, so this is related. :D
man.. those girls are going to have a great time in college.. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts