Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 ZZR... Any troubleshooting help is appreciated!!

Both Headlights Hi/Low both are currently out.. No blown fuses (fuse box or the 2 yellow fuses on right side of bike)

-First the brights went out..although the switch still indicates bright on inst. cluster. Low beams still worked.

-Replaced the bulbs. No Hi-beams, Low beams still worked. Rode for a few weeks.

-Now neither Hi nor Low beams work. Check for voltage @ headlight plugs get nothing. (Bike running)

-Check for voltage @ headlight fuse in box, get nothing. (Bike running)

-All other lights work as normal...

-Help?? Anyone know where the headlight relay is located?? :read

·
5,547 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved...

Pulled the headlight relays (with an "s") found green corrosion among the flat pins. Cleaned pins and added dielectric grease, reconnected relay and low beams worked! The high-beam relay was shot and I'll have to replace with a new one.

Also, I realized I had incorrectly checked for power at the fuse box the first time, when I checked today I had power there and at the relays.. :duh2

Thanks all!!!

·
5,547 Posts
Glad you were able to figure out the problem and I'm glad I could help you out a little.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know if the relay for the low beams is on the right or left side looking at the bike from the front? I seem to not have any low beam headlights and can not figure this out and I have no way really of testing a relay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts