Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one how to remove the headlight lens
got a bug in there......

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Is it still alive?:lao Just attach a small tubing onto a vacuum cleaner and suck it out through the bulb opening.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I don't think you can take the lens off the headlight, last time I looked at it it seemed to be sealed very well. If you try you may crack the lens.
You best bet would probably be the vacuum idea, just hold the hose tight against the bulb opening and turn it on. A rigged flexable tube at the end would help as well.
Only other option I can think of right now is to take the fairing off so you can take the headlight assembly off and shake the bug out.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Just cram a little frog in there. They eat bugs, right?

How about one of those handy flexible spring-loaded claw things that you use to grab nuts and bolts that you've dropped into your engine? If the vacuum doesn't work, use one of those to pull it out through the bulb hole. Or stick tape on a coat hanger (sticky side out). That worked for a june bug that died all the way down inside the nose of my windscreen.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
double sticky tape on a stick through the bulb hole.

OMG.. I ride hugging the tank with my knees. This morning, while doing 55 mph, I felt an itch on my left knee and went to scratch it. As I pulled my knee far from the tank, I hear this buzzzzz noise that sounded like a bee flutterring from the front of the bike. It disappeared when I moved my knee back in. I tested it on my right knee and got the same sound. I tested both knees and there it is again! (Might have looked funny from behind). hahahaa. Anyway, anybody else notice the same?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Can't say I noticed any buzzin noise when I take my legs off the tank. I did get a wierd buzzing noise one time, I went out to the bike to leave for work I heard this buzzing coming from the bike. Hadn't even turned the thing one yet, didn't even put the key it :confused:
At first I thought it was something electical so I'm lookin around tryin to find something ... anything. After a good 20 minutes I finally found a huge bumble bee in the bottom of my windscreen makin all the racket :lao
Used a long ruler to give him something to grab onto and pulled him out .... I think he was happy cause he didn't try to get me.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I get the strange noise when I move my legs away from the tank at any kind of decent speed, it's my riding pants (AlpineStars DryStar) fluttering in the wind.

Oh and my windscreen nose story is that 3 days after I took delivery of the bike, I found a spider had made a big cocoon web right in there. I left him alone and we lived happily together until my next washing. He had probably already left, realizing that was a retarded place to look for flies when all of them were smashed and dead on the other side of the plastic. A for effort, spidey.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
fraggle1 said:
Just cram a little frog in there.
I have a ton of tree frogs and lizzards where I live. I sware they must take the FZ out for a ride while I am sleeping, because every morning when I go out in the garage there is usually one sitting on the tank or seat.

·
Registered
803 Posts
tassue said:
does any one how to remove the headlight lens
got a bug in there......

Did you try and lasso him with a ziptie?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts