Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i know this is prob a stupid question but ive looked and dont see an answer so far. So when im riding, my low beams arent on, (i.e. when the switch on low beam, only the 3rd eye is on) but when i switch to High Beam, both lights come on. I looked to see if any wire mods had been done but it looked stock. Im not sure why this happens. if anyone know i would appreciate it!

Daniel

·
Registered
34 Posts
burnt out low beams on the bulbs? I know my left one is out right now, and if i turn on the high beams the left one lights up. Time for new bulbs it appears.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
burnt out low beams on the bulbs? I know my left one is out right now, and if i turn on the high beams the left one lights up. Time for new bulbs it appears.
+1 Check the simple things first. I'd get it fixed fast or risk a ticket.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
copy guys, i checked both bulbs, (cause i wasnt sure which was low beam "noob") but they both looked normal, no burn outs, but i will maybe check them out again. oh im have phillips H4's could that be part of the problem?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
copy guys, i checked both bulbs, (cause i wasnt sure which was low beam "noob") but they both looked normal, no burn outs, but i will maybe check them out again. oh im have phillips H4's could that be part of the problem?
Shouldn't be, but keep in mind BOTH bulbs are hi and low beam. They each have two elements, one it energized for hi beams and the other for low. This is a departure from most newer bikes, which have like the right hand bulb for low beam and the other for high. On the ZZR whether you have low or high beams on, both bulbs should be burning else one element is out (or you have a wiring issue).

My .02 - replace both with PIAA Xtreme White bulbs. Huge increase in brightness, and very white light. Those bluish bulbs give me a headache and I can't see with them. I have never blown a PIAA bulb in a bike - not once. I have a set in my 2007 ZZR and they are still kicking. All my bikes have them, and I am about to put them in my truck if they make them in that model.

A set on Ebay will run you about $55. Well worth the money IMO. Sure you can spend less, but how often are you replacing those cheaper bulbs? :)

·
5,547 Posts
Shouldn't be, but keep in mind BOTH bulbs are hi and low beam. They each have two elements, one it energized for hi beams and the other for low. This is a departure from most newer bikes, which have like the right hand bulb for low beam and the other for high. On the ZZR whether you have low or high beams on, both bulbs should be burning else one element is out (or you have a wiring issue).

My .02 - replace both with PIAA Xtreme White bulbs. Huge increase in brightness, and very white light. Those bluish bulbs give me a headache and I can't see with them. I have never blown a PIAA bulb in a bike - not once. I have a set in my 2007 ZZR and they are still kicking. All my bikes have them, and I am about to put them in my truck if they make them in that model.

A set on Ebay will run you about $55. Well worth the money IMO. Sure you can spend less, but how often are you replacing those cheaper bulbs? :)

+1 guys I run the same bulbs as Ray. I use to run Silverstars but the PIAA bulbs are much brighter. Picked them up off eBay for $52.69 with free shipping for the set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

thanks for the info, im out of town for a few days, but when i return i will def look in to that. :)

·
5,547 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
tomorrow is pay day... new lights should be in by the weekend!
Come to the Dragon in May and we can expertly install those for ya ;)

We can even have an impromptu carb cleaning/rejetting at 8pm by flashlight! :eek:nfloor

Seriously, I am in North AL and could meet you at the State line to ride up together. We have tried for years to get people to meet up. Nothing formal, just good folks that like to ride together.

·
5,547 Posts
Come to the Dragon in May and we can expertly install those for ya ;)

We can even have an impromptu carb cleaning/rejetting at 8pm by flashlight! :eek:nfloor

Seriously, I am in North AL and could meet you at the State line to ride up together. We have tried for years to get people to meet up. Nothing formal, just good folks that like to ride together.
He's serious about the carb cleaning and rejet by flashlight. We did mine last May at camp. Did a carb resync in the dark too. When Ray and I got done she was purring like a kitten.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We will see about the dragon. But ok not sure if I need a carb sync done but hey I need aLl the help I can get with learning about my bike so! I'm heading home today so I'll check out the lights again. Thanks for the info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts