Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 FZR 600. I just registered it, and need to get it inspected. I noticed that only 1 dim light works. I was wondering if this is normal?
I remember reading an article about a bike where only 1 headlight worked on dim, and wondered if it is that way on other bikes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Both headlights should work on low beam. One of the filaments is probably burned out.

Try swapping the plugs (headlight connections). If the problem doesn't swap over it's the bulb.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Crispy2k4 said:
I have a 1996 FZR 600. I just registered it, and need to get it inspected. I noticed that only 1 dim light works. I was wondering if this is normal?
I remember reading an article about a bike where only 1 headlight worked on dim, and wondered if it is that way on other bikes.
Some bikes have this feature, but not the FZR... at least not stock. I'll agree with the other guys and say it's probably the bulb.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's definitely the bulb. They are both H4 bulbs, and both have two filiments. It's not uncommon to have one filiment in one bulb go out, and it's usually the low. I keep several spare sets in my garage for just that reason.

·
Registered
910 Posts
+1 to what has already been said. I have an 87 FZR1000, and the headlights are set up the same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts