Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heeeeeeeeeelp! Where can I find a no BS, simple and plain, easy to install headlight conversion kit for a '04 R6?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
what are you tryin to covert?

·
Registered
4,754 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Pete!

How reliable is this source? Have you converted yours?

Racer X...only one headlight on the R6 lights up on lowbeam. Check out the link Pete posted for a visual of what I'm talkin about.

Ron

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Cool kit...I never understood why the manufacturers thought people would need less light...Did they forget that it's hard as hell to see a motorcycle during the day?...I won't even turn my high beams off during the daytime...

·
Registered
522 Posts
not really a big fan of cosmetic stuff, but that is one badass conversion. i'd get it if i had an R6.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Waste of money IMO. I've seen alot of people complain about this but I don't understand because you don't see your headlights if you actually ride your bike so why does it matter if only one side lights up? It works fine at night with the stock setup.

Wes

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
WesR6 said:
Waste of money IMO. I've seen alot of people complain about this but I don't understand because you don't see your headlights if you actually ride your bike so why does it matter if only one side lights up? It works fine at night with the stock setup.

Wes

+1....

I ride with high beams on during the day, and at night the single light is good enough to light up the road without blinding other drivers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Umm the reason they made it so only one lights up with lows on is so that you don't look like a really far away car at night. I'll take one, thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
deputy963 said:
If you have $25 and can solder, or know someone who can, then download this Word Doc. You need MS Word to open it, but it has a simple circuit and instructions to fix your problem. 3 or 4 hrs work tops and alot cheaper.

When you open the file it will ask for a password, just click read only and it will open.
did you forget to post it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone:
Yes, I registered here for the sole reason of: to revive this thread. haha I would like to preform this mod but can't find a kit anywhere. And the link supplied in this thread goes to some insurance company. Can anyone update me as to where to go now?
Thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts