Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought some new Philips GT150s. They're pretty damn bright.

BTW. Did you notice the H7 is in with some kind of H7 -> H4 adapter? Maybe it's possible to have two H4s, and have a double high beam too?

------------------------------------

Philips GT150 Power2Night xenon bulbs

New from Philips.. The Maximum Performace GT150 Power2Nite.

Aimed at the discerning tuning market, the Phillips Power2night offers excellent +50% beam perfomance, enhances the look of your vehicle, and is manufactured to Philips exacting OE quality standards.

When power2night lamps are unlit, the blue top gives a blue effect in the headlamp enhacing the style of your vehicle.

When the lamps are lit, power2night puts out Maximum performance, +50% light on the road.

Other benefits of Philips Power2Nite, include:-

- Interchangeable with standard H4 & H7 bulbs.
- Original Equipment Quality.
- Fully road legal.
- Blocks UV rays.. safe for plastic lenses.
- Homologated to ECE R37.
- Ideal for Motorbikes giving a distinctive look on the road.
- New product featured in Max Power Magazine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
One 55W filament takes less than 4A current. The electrical system can handle two of those without any changes.

For the peace of mind though I added an extra fuse for the second low beam.

"Simply run a wire from the bottom terminal of the
left headlight bulb (sitting on th bike) to the middle
upper of the right bulb, and whammo, both lights on and
still has the main beam in the right hand light set."
Hmm... when you do that and switch the high beam on, the both filaments in the H4 will be on? That doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
IT's been working fine for 4 months now.
Quick net search revealed that if you keep the both filaments on, the bulb might explode due to excessive heat buildup. And I suspect the headlight itself doesn't like the extra load either. You might even melt the reflector and/or the bulb connector.

I really recommend you do the mod "the right way".

·
Registered
51 Posts
Heh looks like I hit the sore spot :D

It's your bike so you can do anything you want with it. But if you had to pay $15k for it too you probably wouldn't do half-assed mods to it. Believe or not, there is a reason it must be done the "hard way".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.