Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone upgraded their bulbs to something brighter, like the Sylvania Silverstars or another high output bulb? If so, any reviews to offer?

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
I have both Eaglite and MAX brand Xenon bulbs.. they are white with a slight blue tint on the sides. Have them in my wifes FZ6 and have them in the R1.

Eaglite is $15.49 a Pair.

MAX is $24.95 a Pair.

Max is a little whiter/brighter then the eaglite I have found.

Just PM me if your interested

·
Registered
25 Posts
my highbeam headlight is a silverstar and it is much brighter than stock as well it's much "cleaner". I can ride most of the time (day and night) and not get people flashing me. For some reason I cannot find a silverstar bulb for the low beam. It has two prongs and a smaller diameter mounting surface

·
Registered
155 Posts
elkymutt said:
my highbeam headlight is a silverstar and it is much brighter than stock as well it's much "cleaner". I can ride most of the time (day and night) and not get people flashing me. For some reason I cannot find a silverstar bulb for the low beam. It has two prongs and a smaller diameter mounting surface
If the low beam is the H4, Sylvania's website shows an H4 for motorcycles listed.

http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm

·
Registered
75 Posts
Silverstars

I've had silverstars in my Jeep and the drivers side low beam burt out within 3 months (Dealer replaced it for free) and 1 month later the passenger bulb burnt out. They are crap if you ask me :flipa

·
Registered
15 Posts
Low beam (left) takes an H7 bulb. I think Silverstars sucks. I did the headlight mod and compared one side with the other. The silverstar look no brighter or whiter than the stock bulb. I'm really happy with the headlight mod tho. It doesn't look like I'm riding with one light burned out...

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
lbjester said:
I've had silverstars in my Jeep and the drivers side low beam burt out within 3 months (Dealer replaced it for free) and 1 month later the passenger bulb burnt out. They are crap if you ask me :flipa
Did you by in any chance touch the bulb filament while installing them? The oils from the fingers can cause them to burn out more quickly.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rafael said:
Low beam (left) takes an H7 bulb. I think Silverstars sucks. I did the headlight mod and compared one side with the other. The silverstar look no brighter or whiter than the stock bulb. I'm really happy with the headlight mod tho. It doesn't look like I'm riding with one light burned out...

Good to know. I don't think I'll spend the cash and just do the dual headlight mod.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have Silverstars in my prerunner. I love them. They are much better at lighting the road and look exactly like HID. I beat the crap out of my truck(jumping, mud boggin, rock crawling, dust, vibration, water, you name it) and they have been shining bright for over a year already. I would highly recommend them, but don't touch the bulbs with your fingers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought some new Philips GT150s. They're pretty damn bright.

BTW. Did you notice the H7 is in with some kind of H7 -> H4 adapter? Maybe it's possible to have two H4s, and have a double high beam too?

------------------------------------

Philips GT150 Power2Night xenon bulbs

New from Philips.. The Maximum Performace GT150 Power2Nite.

Aimed at the discerning tuning market, the Phillips Power2night offers excellent +50% beam perfomance, enhances the look of your vehicle, and is manufactured to Philips exacting OE quality standards.

When power2night lamps are unlit, the blue top gives a blue effect in the headlamp enhacing the style of your vehicle.

When the lamps are lit, power2night puts out Maximum performance, +50% light on the road.

Other benefits of Philips Power2Nite, include:-

- Interchangeable with standard H4 & H7 bulbs.
- Original Equipment Quality.
- Fully road legal.
- Blocks UV rays.. safe for plastic lenses.
- Homologated to ECE R37.
- Ideal for Motorbikes giving a distinctive look on the road.
- New product featured in Max Power Magazine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Proc said:

This conversion does not work for the USA spec FZ6 as the wiring is somewhat different.

Here is what a lot of people have done:

"Simply run a wire from the bottom terminal of the
left headlight bulb (sitting on th bike) to the middle
upper of the right bulb, and whammo, both lights on and
still has the main beam in the right hand light set."

Skippy

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone would like info on how to do this mod with a relay, please let me know. It is quite simple, and you get both low lights normally, but when you switch to high the RH low turns off. This alleviates (for me) any worry of overtaxing the electrical system, or burning the bulb too hot. I also have the factory wiring diagram, and there seems to be no "euro" wiring left in the US model to do this any other way.

virtualt said:
This conversion does not work for the USA spec FZ6 as the wiring is somewhat different.

Here is what a lot of people have done:

Skippy

·
Registered
51 Posts
One 55W filament takes less than 4A current. The electrical system can handle two of those without any changes.

For the peace of mind though I added an extra fuse for the second low beam.

Hmm... when you do that and switch the high beam on, the both filaments in the H4 will be on? That doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
HamsFZ6 said:
Did you by in any chance touch the bulb filament while installing them? The oils from the fingers can cause them to burn out more quickly.
No I even wiped them with alcohol before putting them in. Allot of people on the jeep forums had the same complaints that they didn't last long. Now as for the quality of light they produced...they were awesome...almost 50% better than stock just that they didn't last long enough.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Proc said:
One 55W filament takes less than 4A current. The electrical system can handle two of those without any changes.

For the peace of mind though I added an extra fuse for the second low beam.

Hmm... when you do that and switch the high beam on, the both filaments in the H4 will be on? That doesn't sound good.

IT's been working fine for 4 months now.

Skippy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts