Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I had to figure out how to adjust the headlight (before I had the factory service manual) I figured that I'd put up a little webpage to explain how to do it. It irritated me that my headlight was pointing too low and it wasn't in the owner's manual how to adjust it, but I did figure it out.

I just created a little page on my FZ6 that has the info on there, along with two pictures showing which bolts to turn.

Here's my FZ6 webpage

JimE

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Nice Webpage!!

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Thanks for the pictures... I actually was about to re-aim my high beam because it came from the dealer too low. I was looking at my bike just now, and it looks like I may not have to really remove any fairings to get to those adjustment bolts.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks

I cranked my suspension up to the #6 setting and find that unless my girlfriend is on the back my beams are too low. I was going to have to tinker and find the right one. Love these forums

thanks again

ps cool page, props to ya'

·
Registered
75 Posts
jrevans said:
Since I had to figure out how to adjust the headlight (before I had the factory service manual) I figured that I'd put up a little webpage to explain how to do it. It irritated me that my headlight was pointing too low and it wasn't in the owner's manual how to adjust it, but I did figure it out.

I just created a little page on my FZ6 that has the info on there, along with two pictures showing which bolts to turn.

Here's my FZ6 webpage

JimE
After I did the headlight mod I felt I needed to adjust my headlights and found this older post and since I just finished doing this I thought I'd add to your post with the page from the service manual. Adjusting them is almost like opening Pandora’s box (I found). I had to adjust, ride and adjust, ride. My high beam was either to high or too low. Is hard to tell unless you ride somewhere dark. Since I'm in the burbs the streetlights make it hard to test. I also found that both my low beams didn't look even so I had to mess with that too. :a2

Attachments

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Just as an update... I was able to adjust the lights without removing the fairing, as I had hoped.

Basically you will need either a wrench with a good bend in it, or I have this one from Sears which are awesome (though a bit expensive) They have a little ratchet at the end, and you can bend the box end to any degree you like, and they only require 5 degrees to be able to turn.

I got to the bolt from under the faring.

Here is a link to those wrenches:

The Gear Wrench

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! I went riding with a few guys the other night and they made me stay in front due to i was blinding them =0

Gman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts