1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fosters
Monday July 26, 2004
E-mail This Article

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motorcycle hits 165 mph in two-state highway chase
From Staff Reports

PORTSMOUTH — A speeding motorcyclist evaded police in two states Sunday night.

Maine State Police, who at one point clocked the bike at 165 miles per hour on the Maine Turnpike, chased the motorcyclist for approximately one hour with help from several local police departments.

The motorcyclist was first reported speeding on Interstate 495 in New Gloucester, Maine, near the state police barracks. During the chase, the bike circled through several towns, including Kittery, York, Berwick, Kennebunk, Wells, Biddeford and Saco.

Maine State Police called off their chase at 7:32 p.m. for safety reasons due to heavy traffic in the area of the Kittery outlet malls on Route 1.

Portsmouth police picked up the chase briefly when the motorcyclist crossed the state line into New Hampshire. The bike reportedly went through the city in approximately 65 seconds.

Sgt. Steven DuBois said Portsmouth police lost contact with the bike as it was headed toward North Hampton on Route 1.

Maine state police said there were conflicting reports as to exactly what type of bike the motorcyclist rode, and they were unable to get license plate information.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call (207) 871-7755.

Democrat Staff Writer Pat McGowan contributed to this report.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
You just wasted 2 seconds of my life that I can never get back realizing I that I read this yesterday. J/K :twofinger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts