Sport Bikes banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
mid summer? it's not even summer yet.

i raced a zx14 on the highway and that bike is no joke. literally, he cleared what would take me 20 seconds to clear in 5 seconds. the thing is ridiculous.

dropping 50 pounds on the busa is a lot of weight to get rid of. if the zx14 takes the busa past 120 then i'd say it is time to for an upgrade, but why drop the busa mid summer when most of the bike buying starts in spring. sounds like a baseless rumor to me.

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Hey, we finally have a winner!
Looks pretty cool. Dig the paint scheme ala Gixxer 1000 Orange/Black.
By the way, Hi and :welcome to SBN young03!:twofinger

You should introduce yourself in the Introduction Forum first me thinkeeee....:lol

·
Banned
4,616 Posts
I'm looking at the pics trying to figure out if I like it or not. The blue paint scheme makes the bike look better. I really like the black/bronze orange gsxr1000 colors... but... well :dunno if I like it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Doesn't do much for me, but then again I said that about the 05 gix 1000 when I saw the online pics. It will probably look alot better in person. .

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
X-post from my other thread, and edited for my poor reading comprehension.

So anyone who gets sport rider should have a glossy extra mini-mag going over the '08 busa in detail. Basically they didn't do a redesign so much as a re-work. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

Lots of little upgrades. Titanium valves, smaller head, higher compression, stronger connecting rods, stronger crank, stronger clutch, gix1k style ram air and injectors, big retarded mufflers to meet euro-3, new radiator and a b***** oil cooler. Sounds like it'll be quite beefy since suzki knows people are gonna mod the shit out of them.

As for the important stuff, all that motor jazz means it makes more power. No hard numbers there but I'm sure suzuki knows it has to compete with the zx-14. SR did say it was able to do 193 bone stock. (Bad reading on my part, this was the previous model without limiter?)

It also had upside down forks and radial mount brakes. Plus the 3 power settings ala gixxer 1k. Frame is the same, geometry is the same. Its got new, more agressive looking bodywork. The shots in SR are a lot nicer than the ones out on the web right now but I don't have a scanner.

I don't need such a bike, but it would be cool to try one out for a while. Anyone in the vegas area gonna put a deposit down and let me test ride?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts