Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Nope, don't live here, never been here. Heard the "locals" hate the "haole" people..what's up with that :) :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not from hawaii, but live here now. The locals wont f*** with the haole's if they dont act stupid. Im mexican, been mistaken for a local plenty of times. Like it out here. Not bad.

·
20,262 Posts
Yea i know. I think "haole" can be characterized by 18-25yr old white military who never left the backwords of kentucky and this is the first time they have actually seen some type of culture

·
Registered
93 Posts
yeah, it the "Im in the military, Im the shit" attitude that get em. Im in the military myself, 25 too. Just not your typical military guy. You respect people and their home, they respect you. Simple.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Aloha nui loa!

·
Registered
88 Posts
sup from kahoolawe!!!.... actually i live on maui but work on rock.

as for the haole thing. i was in the military as well and its almost the same thing in the mainland("continental states" for you haoles). simple rule as stated before respect the local culture. you cant go wrong if you do that. basically it boils down to respect, show the locals some they will return it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey guys I live in Honolulu. I moved here from Oregon. The traffic here sucks, but at least I got to ride this winter. Thats not something I would have been able to do back home.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Seems like not that long but its been almost exactly 1 year. You guys are going to have to show me some twisty roads, cause I dont get out enough.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Maybe Snake Road, Tantalus, 13 turns on Oahu,
and driving up the Kohala Coast over to Waimea, and through Honokaa, Lapahoehoe and Akaka Falls on the Big Island
Or just ride the road to Hana on Maui.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Has anyone shipped their bike over for a few days of riding on another island. Seems kind of expensive. Yeah Tant's is nice for a car but the road conditions suck. And I dont want to get clipped by some loud ass civic with a wing. :flipa

·
20,262 Posts
Annie may be able to answer your question kastivich...i believe Dangerous Curves did a big island trip and shipped all their bikes over there and back. Or I'm sure she could direct you to another member who went on the trip

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can get information from Young Brothers. We had a "special" deal because one of our members owns a "shipping company". Came to about $100 per bike both ways

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shipping used to be cheap, then the Hurley doods ruined that by making damage claims...... I had a kikbutt Dualsport that I shipped to every Island but Kahoolawe and Ni'ihau used to cost $15.00 each way VIA Young Brothers.
Now your best bet is renting a container and going as a group. We do it every year for the Kauai Hare n Hound Race and it gets it to about $40 a person but thats dirtbikes packed any 'ol way in the container. Wouldn't want to do that with a Sportbike...... :lol

When it was cheap I'd go to Kauai or Big Island several times a year and stay at my friends place and go nuts!
On Kauai several years ago I actually had a CR500 Honda I made into a dualsport streetlegal! Using a Baja Designs Lighting kit. They make kits for virtually any bike and if its a 4 stroke ya got no problem. No strokers tho :(
Only prob, I brought it to Hono and tried to register it and they were shaking there heads the instant the serial number went into the pooter.... It's on the NO list :(

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joe said:
Not from hawaii, but live here now. The locals wont f*** with the haole's if they dont act stupid. Im mexican, been mistaken for a local plenty of times. Like it out here. Not bad.

Bawahahahahahaa obviously you aint lived here long. The locals been fucken wid whitey longer n you been alive "son" I been here for 45 years and somethings never change.....

I remember "KILL HAOLE DAY" the last day of school from before you were born. I graduated in 73 and NEVER went to the last day of school after getting beat by the entire football team from Kailua HS when I was in 5th grade in Niu Valley Intermeadiate.... :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts