Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got a HotBodies Undertail today for my 2000 Gixxer 750. I just did the trunk/frame mods and was ready to start wiring it. Problem is they didnt include ANY wiring diagrams! Then I realize theres only 2 wires for each of the 2 brake/running light LED clusters. My stock bulb tail lights have 3 (2 for running lights and 3rd for Braking filament I assume). I go to the HotBodies website and the only instructions they have is the same useless ones I already have. I click on the link that shows pictures of how bright the LEDs look. It only shows pictures of running lights and blinkers. I am thinking the undertail doesnt have brake lights! Hotbodies is closed till morning, but my bike is dismantled outside on my patio.

If anyone has ANY info or ideas I would be very grateful.

The undertail is the "alteeza" GP model and has 2 combo light clusters, each cluster has 2 wires for the turn signals and 2 wires for the red section. Is there anyway to wire it so I can get the red section to serve as both a running light and a brighter brake light with frying something out. Or would one of those LED animator boxes allow me to do it?

Please Help ...TIA

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sorry I can't help you but maybe someone at gixxer.com might be able to shed some info. on your problem.

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Dont quote me on this, but you may find out that you have to connect both positive wires to the positive LED wire.

I just ordered my undertail from IDEALCYCLE. The thing looks AWESOME & you use your existing sockets. They send LED bulbs that plug directly in.

Good Luck!!
BSR

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the replies. I talked to Hot Bodies and got it handled. They dont use the ground wire in the brake/running light connector. All lights in the under tail share the grounds in the turn signal connectors. I just got it all back together today and IMHO it looks tight. This was my first undertail install and it took me a hell of a lot longer than they estimated. If its your first undertail, I found cutting through the welds on the cargo net hooks with a hacksaw, then using a chisel and hammer (angled down and forward in the cut) with 3-4 whacks took the welds clean off the frame.

Thanx again for the input *cookies* and post up your pix when you get your tail on, Id like see the IDEALCYCLE undertail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts