Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's the fact that I've almost been hit countless times in the past 2 weeks. The worst of which was this morning when I had a van in the oncoming lane pull into my lane and miss me by a foot.

Maybe it's the fact that the roads in my area are extremely straight.

Maybe it's the fact that I've been getting bored with my 500.

I dont know, riding just hasn't been fun recently. I've put 2000 miles on my bike in the past 2 months and it's becoming boring. Probably due to the fact that the only good roads to ride are an hour away. I also had an f3 before this 500 and it was a blast to ride. The 500... well... isn't.

Anyone else come to a crossroads when it comes to riding? It could be because I'm burning out a little bit, but I'm beginning to feel that the risks are no longer outweighing the benefits.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Find some friends to ride with. I'm up and down from week to week. Some days I want to spend all day on the bike. Other days I don't even want to take the cover off.

Trade up to a 600 if possible/affordable/feasible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its probably the bike, you need alittle more grunt. Maybe your driving style needs some work. I normally never get into a spot where a neighboring car can't see me I either back off, fly past or atleast get to his door with the rpms up so he sees/hears me. Like the other guy said try riding with some friends it will enhance the ride, let them lead awhile and you lead awhile I do that to gauge and help each others skill of riding. Maybe try going on some different roads instead of taking the highway cut down a road you never been on before. Get the riding in now because in 4 months you'll be wishing you would.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
It happens.. Take a break from it for a while.. Put it away for a month.. dont ride at all. You'll start to crave it again.. I never thought I HAD to HAVE a bike, until I sold mine, and went a year without riding.. Didnt realize that I was addicted like a crack whore.

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Spektrum-SA1 said:
Maybe it's the fact that I've almost been hit countless times in the past 2 weeks. The worst of which was this morning when I had a van in the oncoming lane pull into my lane and miss me by a foot.

Maybe it's the fact that the roads in my area are extremely straight.

Maybe it's the fact that I've been getting bored with my 500.

I dont know, riding just hasn't been fun recently. I've put 2000 miles on my bike in the past 2 months and it's becoming boring. Probably due to the fact that the only good roads to ride are an hour away. I also had an f3 before this 500 and it was a blast to ride. The 500... well... isn't.

Anyone else come to a crossroads when it comes to riding? It could be because I'm burning out a little bit, but I'm beginning to feel that the risks are no longer outweighing the benefits.
City traffic can get discouraging. You say you're getting bored with your 500? Why'd you go from an F3 to a 500? Also if you don't feel like riding an hour to any good roads, won't you get just as bored riding on boring roads with b***** bike? The 500 can be just as fun as any on some better roads.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm feeling the same way spek. The only times I really like ridding is on twisty roads, but there are just not to many of those around here. I think I will end up putting a lot more miles when I get my zx6r this fall:-D

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
I have the same situation here. The area I live in now is super congested and super dangerous. I thought I might ride the bike to work at least once in a while, but in the past month that has happened one single time - I decided grinding it out in traffic just to say I was on a bike was silly and went back to the van pool.

In the old days I lived out in the hills and there were good riding roads right out the front door. I miss that a lot.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I've felt the same way before and sold the bike only to end up missing it a week or two later and soon end up getting another bike. Take a week or so off from the bike or maybe upgrade to something else.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Move to southern Oregon. You'll never get bored of riding down here :lol
j/k
Why did you go from an f3 to a 500??

·
Banned
10 Posts
lun said:
Prick :bitchslap
Too bad there isn't a single important person in the world who cares what you or all the other losers like yourself think, say, or do. Now, here's a tissue. Go cry.

Fuckers. The threads on these boards are complete garbage.

Bunch of fuck tard dipshits all riding for the wrong reasons using the rinse and repeat cycle on the same old crap:

OMG DUDE I JUST SAW A SQUID. REALLY. BUT I'M NOT ONE, I SWEAR.
OMG I JUST HIT SOME AWESOME TWISTIES LIKE A PRO RACER.
OMG WTF WHO WEARS GEAR
OMG WTF WHO DOESN'T WEAR GEAR
OMG JUST GOT A TICKET WHAT DO I DO
OMG I JUST CRASHED I SWEAR IT WASN'T MY FAULT
OMG MY LIFE SUCKS SO I SPEND ALL MY TIME HERE

Fucking lame. Some "sportbike" community this is. I've periodically read these boards for years and once in a great while I'll spot someone who sounds like a true rider. The rest of you all are exactly how I described the tool who started this thread:

PANSEY ASS POSER(s).

I wonder. Will this post get the 'China' treatment? Probably, since the internet is complimentary to fools on a grand scale and shall continue to be so until the law catches up. Ahhh.. what a fine day that shall be.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think the 500 is awesome I have over 6,000 on mine and I'm not even close to getting bored with it yet, but since you did say that it was all straight roads I can kinda see the need for a more powerfull bike, I think you just need to take a break for a week or so, then go on a long trip that has a lot of twisties on the way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
lvl said:
Too bad there isn't a single important person in the world who cares what you or all the other losers like yourself think, say, or do. Now, here's a tissue. Go cry.

Bunch of fuck tard dipshits all riding for the wrong reasons using the rinse and repeat cycle on the same old crap:

OMG WTF WHO WEARS GEAR

Fucking lame. Some "sportbike" community this is. I've periodically read these boards for years and once in a great while I'll spot someone who sounds like a true rider. The rest of you all are exactly how I described the tool who started this thread:

PANSEY ASS POSER(s).

I wonder. Will this post get the 'China' treatment? Probably, since the internet is complimentary to fools on a grand scale and shall continue to be so until the law catches up. Ahhh.. what a fine day that shall be.

Man you told them!! Good job adding to the shit on this bored.

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
lvl said:

OMG WTF WHO WEARS GEAR

PANSEY ASS POSER(s).

And what makes you not a PANSEY ASS POSER, tough guy?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
lvl said:

OMG WTF WHO WEARS GEAR

PANSEY ASS POSER(s).

Bahahahah...so what kind of bike do you wish you had?

I never get bored of my 500, I just wind it out a lot more nowdays. I've rode across the state several times already and am riding across again tonight.
I have met numerous people from the NC Forum and we meet up for dinners or rides whenever possible.
Relax and quit cursing people out on here because of some inferiority complex. All of us can't be the "Sportbiker" you are, whatever that is. Good luck on your first bike purchase. I'll let you wear my helmet if you are ever in the neighborhood. :banana

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
Man, wish i could be as cool as you. You are a big MAN. Insulting people over the INTERNET. WOAH.

Fuck me, thats what i call TOUGH. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
357 Posts
Kaiser Soze said:
Man, wish i could be as cool as you. You are a big MAN. Insulting people over the INTERNET. WOAH.

Fuck me, thats what i call TOUGH. :eek:nfloor
:urowned That's too funny.

:popcorn

1 - 20 of 30 Posts