Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a LOT of threads about relationships ending lately and wanted to even up the forum a bit with my (mostly) pointless post. By no means am I trying to rub anything in anyone's face. A lot of people are going through some rough stuff and I feel for them. I just wanted to brighten the forum a bit.

My wife of 5 years is pregnant with our first child. We found out last Thursday (on our anniversary) that we're having a girl. She's due on November 27th.

When the baby is born, my wife will take 3 months maternity leave and then, while she finishes the last 3 months of her teaching contract, I'll be working from home two days a week to be Mr. Mom. My wife's sister will take our daughter three days a week (fairly short work days for a kindergarten teacher though) during that 3 months.

We planned for my wife to be a stay at home mom but my super-sperm did the job a little too quick and she had already signed her teaching contract for next year.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
hozhead said:
I've seen a LOT of threads about relationships ending lately and wanted to even up the forum a bit with my (mostly) pointless post. By no means am I trying to rub anything in anyone's face. A lot of people are going through some rough stuff and I feel for them. I just wanted to brighten the forum a bit.

My wife of 5 years is pregnant with our first child. We found out last Thursday (on our anniversary) that we're having a girl. She's due on November 27th.

When the baby is born, my wife will take 3 months maternity leave and then, while she finishes the last 3 months of her teaching contract, I'll be working from home two days a week to be Mr. Mom. My wife's sister will take our daughter three days a week (fairly short work days for a kindergarten teacher though) during that 3 months.

We planned for my wife to be a stay at home mom but my super-sperm did the job a little too quick and she had already signed her teaching contract for next year.

Congrats man!! Are you already saving for the first bike for the little gal?
:cheers

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Congrats man. A little girl will melt your heart. Mine is just over 2 now and she's such a doll. Everytime I come home she greats me at the door with a hug and kiss and "daddy i missed you" How can you not melt from that. :D

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, folks!

Rascus - everyone keeps telling me that my daughter will have me wrapped around her finger - I don't even bother denying it now just to be wrong later.

BSR - thanks and I revived your old thread!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wait till she turns twelve, you'll be wondering when, why, and how someone replaced your little girl with the little ball of emotions.... experience......Nevertheless she will always be your little girl......

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Congrats!!!!! I wish the best for the pregnancy, and the family as a whole.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Congrats!!!!
Little girls are great, but they sure learn how to manipulate Dad, REALLY fast!!!

Of course by the time I got my divorce, my daughter had the game licked so well she now tortures my bf!!!! (she's 8 now) Enjoy every minute you can...they fly by!!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! Little girls just love to be with their Daddy's..

My baby is about to turn 17 and my wife and I were talking about her graduating and leaving the house and.........gotta stop......crying again....

When she was born and about 2 months old I looked at her sleeping in the crib and said to my wife: "a little angel who has come down to live with us for a while".

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Congrats! She's due the day after my birthday :banana Baby girls are awesome!! :cheers

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
CONGRATS

<----------2 weeks old :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Congrats! :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife. I wish you both, and the lil' one on the way, the very best! :dblthumb

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Congratulations man!! :)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone!

Things are going great so far - she's started kicking my wife around. Which is nice, now I get a break.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts