Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Take it to a shop.

Votes: 3 8.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you have done some of your own carb work, either performance, or cleaning. Just started my first job a couple days ago.

·
Registered
522 Posts
how ya making out? I plan on putting a jet kit in over the winter.... we'll see how that goes

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rejeted the carbs on my other bike (kawi 250) and have since had them apart a few times for cleaning ect. It's really not that difficult to work on I don't think once you understand the componets. The 250 does only have 2 carbs though.

Wes

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I worked on the carbs in my 96 ZX 6R many times. I had it jetted and after that the bike always ran for shit. So I made many attempts to solve the problem. In the end I had to have a professional figure it out.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
Many many times in the past. Now I just plug in the computer. Thank god for Fuel Injection..

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Taken mine apart many, many, many times. Pod filters make for tuning nightmares, so I got real good with working on carbs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can pull my triples carbs, clean and tune, and reinstall with both hands tied behind my back while blindfolded.

I've pulled my triple motor, split the cases, replaced a kicker spring and had it all back together and reinstalled inside three hours.

Wrenching your bike should be a requirement of ownership.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I can I just dont like to. They are to easy to mess up. But I know what I am doing so why spen the cash for someone else to do it for you.

·
Registered
981 Posts
ive done it multiple times. and in those times ive come to the conclusion that carbs are the single most worst invention on the face of the earth. they are overly complicated for what they do, and just plain suck. i dont know why ALL bikes arent FI by now. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts