·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you done a trackday

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
No, I haven't... :a2 I was supposed to this week end, but I was in Canton, Oh with the bf. Im supposed to this Oct, down in Alabama.. I can't wait!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Don't respond to the track-day-whore!

Someone might be able to ride great on a track, and get good at dragging knees, but there's no cars trying to run you off the road and kill you there.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
I haven't but I'm planning on hitting up Willow Springs for my first Track day Oct 25th.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Desp said:
Don't respond to the track-day-whore!

Someone might be able to ride great on a track, and get good at dragging knees, but there's no cars trying to run you off the road and kill you there.
Just answer the damn question. It's obviously a no, so I guess you really don't need to answer anways.

Over the last 3 years I've done roughly 25 track days. With ALOT more to come! :twofinger Once you ride track you'll keep coming back! :D

·
Registered
954 Posts
Just because he's a track-day-whore doesn't mean I haven't done one.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Desp said:
Just because he's a track-day-whore doesn't mean I haven't done one.
doesn't mean you have either....... :lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think a topic was posted like this on another forum and I gave a similar reply. I advise against doing trackdays. Mainly because once you do one you experiance a whole new level of riding. Everything you thought you couldn't do on your bike you discover you can, and once you get back on the streets it sucks because to get the same level of excitment and exhiliration you get on the track you would have to go at suicidal speeds. The sweeper you used to take a 70 ish thing you're hauling ass on the fun road in the middle of nowhere you now have no problem attacking at 100+ and draggin your knee in the process feeling like you still could go faster. It costs money and takes time but goddamn its worth every single penny and I cannot wait to go again,

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
No I really should since Beaver Run is only 1/2 mile from my house but never have the time when they are doing track days. Maybe next year the season is almost done here for the year. I am going to be lost again.

·
Registered
981 Posts
waitin for the weather to cool off (108^ today) before i suit up and head out there. i also gotta find a way to scrape together my pennies :alky

·
Banned
730 Posts
pillaka said:
It costs money and takes time but goddamn its worth every single penny and I cannot wait to go again,
SHUTUP! SHUTUP! SHUTUP! Ok, very sorry, but my answer's a "no" since I've yet to get some leathers, but something deep inside me knows you're right. Please excuse my jealousy induced outburst. :a2 :lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope...never been to one..... :D :D

As everyone said....once you go...there addictive. Each day trying to improve your skills...hit that corner a little faster, brake a little later...get on the throttle a little earlier.

B.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I have yet to do one but I plan to remedy this next spring.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Just had my 3rd track day with RPM school at Jennings...had a blast!! :twofinger Yes it is addicting and I can't wait to do more...next time I have a mentor heading out with me to help me on a few things and get my time down!!! :leghump

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
yes, and Yes this is a way to give racerx ammunition for future battles.

"told you pussy's you couldnt ride bada bada bada.............. :hshot "

probably in a few days these words or something like this will come from racerx

later bitch

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Desp said:
snip... Someone might be able to ride great on a track, and get good at dragging knees, but there's no cars trying to run you off the road and kill you there.
That's exactly the point. You can totally focus on improving your riding skills without worrying about most of the stuff that can get you killed on the road.

I've done two - a novice day with instruction (highly recommend it) plus one open day. Learned more during the novice day than the preceeding 2 years of riding.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts