Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well not literally (unless you race GP),

and I'm NOT looking for long replies about this accident or that accident...just a simple nod or recognition that "yeah man, I know exactly what you're talking about..." will do.

Just thought it would be interesting for riders who HAVE NOT been down to read/watch. Also thought it was interesting how when you go down, you pop up right away after sliding and run to your bike if you can....then boom...wait a minute....my bone in my arm is sticking out? Why did that have to happen....

YouTube - MotoGP 2006 JAPAN #56 Shinya NAKANO LAST LAP

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Ouch!! Adrenaline can compensate for a lot. Track day instructors always tell you not to get up after a get-off without first counting to 5 to make sure you're not still sliding and taking inventory of your body parts.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Shitttttttt, those endorphins sure helped him out for about the first 6 seconds. Definitely can't feel good high siding into a pit.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Yeah, about 2 years ago I was riding on a 7 lane (6 with turning option in middle) about 7pm where it was just getting dark.
I was in the fast lane doing about 40mph when I see this car in the middle turning lane (only option was for a U-turn because there was nothing to turn into)

Thinking they were going to wait for me to pass, they executed the uturn right in front of me, I veered to the slow lane and the lady was also going to the slow lane, I then started to accelerate as not to rear end her and she bumped me on the left side sending me into an 8 inch curb. The bike flew in the air, threw me up about 10-12 feet, I remember looking straight down into the grass and going helmet first-I decided to put my shoulder into it.
Well landing was great, the Shoei really absorbed the shock, but as soon as I hit, I got up pissed off and the lady was going to take off, but someone stopped her.
Long story short, I was in severe pain in my shoulder, side and wrist.
She said I "was speeding" the officer said "if he was speeding, he would have been dead and the bike wouldnt be rideable". She admitted to the officer that she made a uturn and didnt see me.
She also got ticketed for illegal "limo tint".
I rode home with just cracked race fairings (just one day old) gotta love the tough 97 ZX7.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
I popped up off the ground immediately, then the limp started. Then the leg swoll up like a softball. But man the human body is amazing.

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess in the video, the GP rider probably felt like he could still get back in the race especially knowing he was on the last lap...

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I guess in the video, the GP rider probably felt like he could still get back in the race especially knowing he was on the last lap...
Last lap and home crowd so you can't blame him for trying.

·
vifosi
208 Posts
I've crashed once, ended up tumbling about 25' down a steep, brush covered hillside. I came to a stop, slowly sat up, and went over myself piece by piece: left arm works, can move my hand and all my fingers... right arm, ok, legs, feet, etc, just making sure there was nothing wrong. Completely different scenario from being in a race, especially on the last lap, where every second counts and he still had a shot of hopping back on and finishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts