Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a nice, 1992 Honda 600f2 and was riding it to work.

I was so happy and proud, until the bike died and refused to start.

My pride and joy languished in my parking stall at work and I think word quickly spread among the grapevine that my cool sportbike was now just a hunk of useless metal.

Now I have co-workers asking me "What happened to your bike man?" all the while knowing it is out of commission.

Haters... :(

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Need me to come down and talk to them :D

I will, I will :lol

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It's not a useless hunk of metal. Watch your mouth. Will it turn over? Can you smell gas coming out of the exhaust if it is turning over? Tell your co-workers to shut the fuck up.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Adamf2, lol Rascus! ... they can be mean.

we have a wicked rumor and grapevine thing going on here

the bike is actually pretty solid...the stator needs to be replaced!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
that's it...i can't stand it anymore...i'm on my way down....

:D

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll hold the door open for ya!

What was worse... they saw me loading the bike onto a friend's truck so they know it ain't working.

But I got at least two people ask me about it today.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Since there so nosey,place a jar near the water cooler and ask them to donate to the cause.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
alaska cajun said:
Since there so nosey,place a jar near the water cooler and ask them to donate to the cause.

I agree!! Call it the question jar. When you get it fixed piss'em off and ride it to work every chance you get and when you have fun on the bike brag about it......and sooner or later another person there will get a bike. In some places it is like a fever...once one gets it another and another and so on. Good luck on getting it fixed and rub it in their nose when you do!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Just tell them they are [email protected] who can't handle a bike (if they are male) ...tell them if they are nice you will let them wear your helmet and make vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, it should be fixed soon anyways right?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ha-ha thanks for the replies people!

I like that jar idea! :D

only a fellow rider would understand and not relish one's pain.

it's the stator... or that's what the mechanic thinks it is.

that plus a new speedo cable and I'm gonna have to pay $300.

and the part will take a week to arrive on Oahu

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Get it fixed and do a big ol' smoky burnout in the parking lot after work. That'd be cool -

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
bah they're non-riders they don't count - they are merely wastes of a carbon based life form.... :bitchslap

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey, from my experience that is just what happens with some old bikes. I carried enough tools in my backpack to do just about anything and a shop manual. What was wrong with it? Just a low battery problem? Or something you still haven't figured out?

Spend a bit of time and money on it but get rid of it real fast if it something starts happening every couple of days. Know how to troubleshoot and revive the bike before going too far... I got stuck 300 miles from home once. Rode back on the back of my buddies bike (2 6' 190lbs bodies on a gsxr 600 for 300 miles). When we got back with my truck some asshole had already took a drill to select parts of the bike.

Old bikes just aren't as good as new bikes. You don't hear about people blowing 2nd gear on new bikes all the time or any of that crap. They make them alot better now.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Had shit like that happen....it F-ing sucks!!!! Got my ACE in the spring and I guess the guy had not really ridden it since summer. Tried firing, getting use to the choke…battery was low and it ran out of juice and died before I got it to fire. I had just got my motorcycle license and was ready to go to the parking lot to have some fun for the first time. Man was I pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason

·
Registered
243 Posts
hozhead said:
When they ask how your motorcycle is, ask them how there's is. You still win in that conversation.
When I had my GS450, that's what I told people when they called it a glorified moped. I said it was better than their bike!

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Jackal79 said:
Hey, from my experience that is just what happens with some old bikes.

And ALL hardley-ever-runs

My boss has 2, his buddy has one, and his son-n-law has one....every last one of them have theft their owners on the side of the road in another state because of their stator....and none of these bikes are older than 2002 :eek:nfloor

As far as the co-workers. Do you live your life according to what they think about you? Does your daily routine revolve around their approval? Then I wouldn't worry about what they thought on this issue either.

Success is the best revenge...ride to work when it's fixed and wipe a booger on the water cooler tap :banana

1 - 20 of 23 Posts