Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else here dislike the chin strap clip on your Shoei? I like how it clips up out of the way, but then when I'm going real fast it whips against my neck. I have to stay tucked down or it feels like my neck is getting shredded. Does this happen to anyone else? I have a TZ-R.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
If you clip the end of the strap onto the buckle, what hits you in the neck? :confused:

·
Registered
952 Posts
the strap clips up on my RF1000.... but when its unclipped, that metal piece really hurts when it whips around in the wind and hits your neck

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yeah, if it's clipped up what could possibly be hitting you in the neck? Might be the zipper from your jacket, mine tends to flap around a little. I also cut the little red piece off the D rings, I found it just got in the way when trying to put the strap on with gloves on.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
MobileSuit said:
the strap clips up on my RF1000.... but when its unclipped, that metal piece really hurts when it whips around in the wind and hits your neck
That's why they have the clip on the end of the strap.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
the x11 has a different type of clip, not a button but a clip that goes over the metal thing.

that's hard to use....arai's are much easier.

BUT the x11 to me has a superior design when removing the faceshield and it raises higher than the Arai so it doesn't block your field of view.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
MT Wallet said:
the x11 has a different type of clip, not a button but a clip that goes over the metal thing.

that's hard to use....arai's are much easier.

BUT the x11 to me has a superior design when removing the faceshield and it raises higher than the Arai so it doesn't block your field of view.
You'll quickly get used to the X-11 clip. It gets much easier with practice.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
RayOSV said:
You'll quickly get used to the X-11 clip. It gets much easier with practice.
I actually had to return my x11 to ridegear because I got the wrong size...then it was too late to get a new size because I had to start my MSF class.

Got an arai from the Oahu dealer instead....and while it's great the X11 has more points in it's favor I think.

Then again, I never really rode in either yet. Just the arai at 15 mph. :lao

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes, even when it's clipped i get hit. it's the excess strap. i just put my jacket on and it could also be the fabric teknic put on their zipper. next time i ride i'll tuck the fabric in and see if it happens. i guess it might be that if it hasn't happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Scat Rob said:
yes, even when it's clipped i get hit. it's the excess strap. i just put my jacket on and it could also be the fabric teknic put on their zipper. next time i ride i'll tuck the fabric in and see if it happens. i guess it might be that if it hasn't happened to anyone else?
Its gotta be the tab on your jacket. If the helmet strap is clipped, the strap will not hit your neck.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah, there is no way you get that thing tight enough that there would be sufficient excess strap to be hitting you. It's got to be the jacket zipper or something else. Or, maybe you even have one of those velcro collar deals. On my jacket, there is velcro on the inside so I can velcro it in place when I don't need it to close up the jacket so it won't flap around.

The clip style definately takes some getting used to, but I've gotten where I can snap mine w/ gloves on in motion now. You get used to just about anything if you use it enough.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a Teknic suit and the fabric on the zipper will scrape your neck up if you don't have it held down by the piece that velcros across the neckline. What I normally do is zip up the jacket, have the zipper facing up and fold the fabric down, then I velcro it down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts