Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was splitting lanes on the freeway in Los Angeles when I noticed a Police Moto Cop behind me with his lights on. I pulled over to the next lane and gave him room to share a lane with me. He put his hand next to his helmet and flicked up his index finger. I had no clue what that hand signal meant so I flicked open my tinted visor. He looked and me and turned off his lights and pulled out went on his way.

What was that about? :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FunCrusher said:
"Im only gonna tell you once,next time ima give you a ticket and bust your ass" :twofinger
Makes the most sense of all the posts, but I didn't do anything wrong. Unless tinted visors are illegal.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
No clue what that was about. But same thing kinda happened to me last night. I was riding home at like 4am (no, there really are no positive reasons to be out after 12pm...) and I pass by a cop doing the speed limit. I thought about popping a wheelie before hand, but apparently I subconciously knew I shouldn't try anything stupid at the moment.

So anyway, I go by the cop, I look back to see if he moved after I passed, and nothing. So I continue my cruise down the street, thinking to myself, almost in a day-dream (still aware of what's in front/sides of me though), when I look in my rear view and see a police car riding my ass. I'm like, "WTF"? I look down at my speedo to see ~45mph in a 45, but my speedo is probably off because of sprocket changes. So I continue my speed and for the next two or three minutes the cop just rides my ass. Like if I were to reach behind me, I could almost touch the hood of the car. So I finally signal and get over to the right lane, of two lanes, and he glares at me as I glare at him back. I was going to give the peace sign, but the guy (white) didn't seem he would take too lightly to that, so I chose not to. But he then road by me probably accelerated to 55mph. Cops are weird. *shrug*

·
Registered
489 Posts
It sounds like he just wanted to get a look at your face for some reason. Maybe he was looking for a date? I think sometimes they like making bullshit signals just to confuse us and make us wonder if we did something wrong.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd say maybe he was looking for a suspect and thought you were black? And with a tinted visor you looked black, so he asked you to flip it up. Damn racial profiling......

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
MR.HONDA said:
I'd say maybe he was looking for a suspect and thought you were black? And with a tinted visor you looked black, so he asked you to flip it up. Damn racial profiling......
I'd say "I don't think so."

·
Registered
531 Posts
Twinsen said:
No clue what that was about. But same thing kinda happened to me last night. I was riding home at like 4am (no, there really are no positive reasons to be out after 12pm...) and I pass by a cop doing the speed limit. I thought about popping a wheelie before hand, but apparently I subconciously knew I shouldn't try anything stupid at the moment.

So anyway, I go by the cop, I look back to see if he moved after I passed, and nothing. So I continue my cruise down the street, thinking to myself, almost in a day-dream (still aware of what's in front/sides of me though), when I look in my rear view and see a police car riding my ass. I'm like, "WTF"? I look down at my speedo to see ~45mph in a 45, but my speedo is probably off because of sprocket changes. So I continue my speed and for the next two or three minutes the cop just rides my ass. Like if I were to reach behind me, I could almost touch the hood of the car. So I finally signal and get over to the right lane, of two lanes, and he glares at me as I glare at him back. I was going to give the peace sign, but the guy (white) didn't seem he would take too lightly to that, so I chose not to. But he then road by me probably accelerated to 55mph. Cops are weird. *shrug*
Most of the time cops ride motorcycle's asses cuz they can't see/read the license plate...

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
I'll usually keep on riding until I get the lights to pull over. He/she can follow me until I get home as far as I'm concerned!! If I didn't do anything I'm not worried.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
last night on the way home from work at 1:00am or so, i noticed a cager that was weaving and shit all over his lane, the breakdown lane and part of my lane.

I stayed back for a bit, then when there were other cars to keep him back for a bit I made my move to get in ahead of him. He eventually cought back up to me and passed. by this point he was still weaving a bit, then all of a sudden he slams on his brakes and gets down to 65mph (speed limit). i look ahead and see a cop in his lane. I continue at my speed and figure if I ever catch the cop, i'll let him know this guy must be drunk. well i cought up, and I couldn't figure out how to signal the cop.

I ended up honking, pointing at the car which was about 1/8 mile back, giving the world known tip the head back with the hand in front to signal "drink" and then wiggled my hand back and forth to signal weaving the best way I could think of.

He didn't get pulled over, but I think he should have.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I think cops are mostly dumb friggin monkeys that feel everyone should bow down to them because they took a small step up from McDonald's. I have yet to talk to a cop that knows a damn thing about traffic safety.... Pathetic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i've heard that when cops (cars) follow behind you for so long is because they're looking up so much crap on you on their computer system. and because it's wireless, it has to take time i guess to get all that info updated in their computers.

·
Registered
725 Posts
riding in left lane

Twinsen said:

Your not supposed to drive in the left lane, in Germany youd get pulled over for doing 70 in the right lane and not moving back right, but you can pass a cop doing 190 and there is no problems if you move back over when your not passing someone. I know laws differ in countries, but almost never enforced like it should be it is law in most states not to travel in the left lane.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I'm my SS, I've had a small town cop tailgate me for 6 miles before he realized that I was getting near my house and he'd better bust me before it was too late for him to collect revenue. When he did pull me over, the fucker admitted to running my plate and waiting for a reason to pull me over. The best he could do was a fix-it for no front plate. What ever happened to "to protect and serve?" I've never been protected by a pig, but I've been served tix on both two and four wheels.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
if a cop gets right on my ass I pull over and park on the side of the road if he follows me. I'm not gonna allow some asshole to ride three feet off my tire just cause he's got a badge and a gun. Thats your personal safety too. Only once have I had them actually pull over and talk to me. usually they just keep driving or follow you and slow down, which in case i give them a wave. i don't tend to get intimidated I get pissed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The thing that would have irritated me was the fact he was riding your ass while he was checking your license on the computer. I'm not sure why people insist on riding your ass while on a motorcycle. Obviously people that have never been on a bike.

A week or so ago I had a lady that was driving behind me in a car. We were going down a fairly busy main road and every time we would stop at a stoplight she would literally stop about a foot from my rear tire. WTF?? How do you address that with drivers who do that other than getting off the bike and kickin some ass?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
neutom72 said:
The thing that would have irritated me was the fact he was riding your ass while he was checking your license on the computer. I'm not sure why people insist on riding your ass while on a motorcycle. Obviously people that have never been on a bike.

A week or so ago I had a lady that was driving behind me in a car. We were going down a fairly busy main road and every time we would stop at a stoplight she would literally stop about a foot from my rear tire. WTF?? How do you address that with drivers who do that other than getting off the bike and kickin some ass?

I find a nice, spontaneous stoplight burner gets them to back off :D

Or, if I'm moving and someone is riding my tail, a nice backfire usually scares them back a little. I can get about a 3 foot flame out of my pipe. Since it's a highmount, it's pretty much at eye level with them. It's especially effective at night. :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
wescoas1 said:
I think cops are mostly dumb friggin monkeys that feel everyone should bow down to them because they took a small step up from McDonald's. I have yet to talk to a cop that knows a damn thing about traffic safety.... Pathetic.
Wow, stereotype often? I'd love to hear your views on blacks or jews sometime.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts