Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a some FZ6 owners in the San Francisco Bay Area,have there been any talks about getting together for a ride? I'd like to see some of the mods that other owners have done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
I nominate FZ6RYDER for setting one up! :lol Me and biker6 went for a ride not too long ago and it was great getting to ride with another FZ6. It would be great to see and ride with another. Any roads around here you like and would want to go on in particular?
 

·
Bennedetto!
Joined
·
508 Posts
Yeah, I'm down for another spin. Perhaps we could go to his neck of the woods, FZSilver, and ride Skyline (35), get lunch at Alice's, and then continue down Skyline until 9 and then take that down into Saratoga... orrrrr just turn around when we get to 9 and head back, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr head west on 9 until highway 1 and then head back to four corners (Alice's), orrrrrrrrrrr... there are LOTS of rides around that area, check it out:

Google Maps Link

Tons of potential.... I can't speak for a lot of the roads west of Skyline though, never rode 'em.

:cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
That sounds good to me. What do you think FZ6RYDER? I love how smooooth 9 is compared to most of the roads around to east bay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Just got my poor, busted up FZ6 out of the shop today and it's running great. Would love to join up with you guys some time for rides around the area. Weekdays are the absolute best for just about any road around here but especially for Hwy 9. Don't get to see as many bikes up at Alice's midweek, but the payoff is getting to have the roads pretty much to yourself.

Speaking of Hwy 9, FZSilver is that Skyline Drive in the background photo of your avatar? It looks like it could be either there or Grizzly Peak Blvd. Just curious. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
BluDevil said:
Just got my poor, busted up FZ6 out of the shop today and it's running great. Would love to join up with you guys some time for rides around the area. Weekdays are the absolute best for just about any road around here but especially for Hwy 9. Don't get to see as many bikes up at Alice's midweek, but the payoff is getting to have the roads pretty much to yourself.

Speaking of Hwy 9, FZSilver is that Skyline Drive in the background photo of your avatar? It looks like it could be either there or Grizzly Peak Blvd. Just curious. :)
My avatar is at "The Wall" on Grizzly Peak. :)
 

·
Bennedetto!
Joined
·
508 Posts
Week days are out for me, got the ol' 9-5; got stuff on Saturdays too so Sundays are the best for me. If I'm the odd ball out don't worry about planning a Sunday ride just to accomodate my schedule. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
FZSilver said:
My avatar is at "The Wall" on Grizzly Peak. :)
Damn I'm good! :banana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
biker6 said:
Week days are out for me, got the ol' 9-5; got stuff on Saturdays too so Sundays are the best for me. If I'm the odd ball out don't worry about planning a Sunday ride just to accomodate my schedule. :)
I have every other weekend off so we could definitely plan some weekend rides. Biker6, I think we should try to accomodate your schedule. Besides, most "normal" people have weekends off so it shouldn't be difficult to put something together. We just have to take into consideration the usual Bay Area weekend traffic when planning a route.

I am usually off every Thursday & Friday with an occasional Wednesday thrown in there. Any other fortunate souls in our area with these days available? Let me know and we can put together some midweek rides as well.

Since I have the faster blue one, I will volunteer to lead the rides. I know you guys with the slower silver bikes would hate holding me back so I'm sure this won't be a problem for any of you. :eek:nfloor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
BluDevil said:
I have every other weekend off so we could definitely plan some weekend rides. Biker6, I think we should try to accomodate your schedule. Besides, most "normal" people have weekends off so it shouldn't be difficult to put something together. We just have to take into consideration the usual Bay Area weekend traffic when planning a route.

I am usually off every Thursday & Friday with an occasional Wednesday thrown in there. Any other fortunate souls in our area with these days available? Let me know and we can put together some midweek rides as well.

Since I have the faster blue one, I will volunteer to lead the rides. I know you guys with the slower silver bikes would hate holding me back so I'm sure this won't be a problem for any of you. :eek:nfloor
My work schedule is pretty random and I'm usually free most of the weekdays, saturday, and always sunday.

Your the first person whos recognized where my avatar is btw :) (or at least thats told me)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
FZSilver said:
Your the first person whos recognized where my avatar is btw :) (or at least thats told me)
Hehehe. There can only be 2 explanations for this: 1.) I have amazing recall. :D 2.)I spend waaaaay too much time on local twisties. :lol

It's probably more a combination of the two. :)

FZSilver said:
My work schedule is pretty random and I'm usually free most of the weekdays, saturday, and always sunday.
That's awesome you have such a wide open schedule! I will be available this Thursday and Friday. Let me know if either of those days work for you and maybe we can plan a day ride or even ride for just a few hours if you'll be short on time. When we get the details worked out we can post it for whoever else may be interested in going along. Like our friend in Clovis. Feel free to PM me for contact info.

BTW, do you ever ride the roads up around Berryessa? The roads up in the North Bay are some of my favorites.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
BluDevil said:
Hehehe. There can only be 2 explanations for this: 1.) I have amazing recall. :D 2.)I spend waaaaay too much time on local twisties. :lol

It's probably more a combination of the two. :)

That's awesome you have such a wide open schedule! I will be available this Thursday and Friday. Let me know if either of those days work for you and maybe we can plan a day ride or even ride for just a few hours if you'll be short on time. When we get the details worked out we can post it for whoever else may be interested in going along. Like our friend in Clovis. Feel free to PM me for contact info.

BTW, do you ever ride the roads up around Berryessa? The roads up in the North Bay are some of my favorites.
I've never riden Berryessa, I've been to Skaggs which is somewhat by there. But if you know some good roads up there that would be great!

I'm going camping on friday through sunday but thursday would work for me if you want to go on a ride. Let me know. My dad might come along for the ride too if hes off work. He has a BMW RT1150 in the faster green/tealish color :D

I'm not sure if you've been to this site but its a great resource for twisty roads in CA.
pashnit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
FZSilver said:
I've never riden Berryessa, I've been to Skaggs which is somewhat by there. But if you know some good roads up there that would be great!

I'm going camping on friday through sunday but thursday would work for me if you want to go on a ride. Let me know. My dad might come along for the ride too if hes off work. He has a BMW RT1150 in the faster green/tealish color :D

I'm not sure if you've been to this site but its a great resource for twisty roads in CA.
pashnit
Thursday is probably the best day if we want to avoid boat traffic up to Berryessa. The Pashnit site is great and I have been using it as a sort of checklist for some time now. There is a loop I do starting in Cordelia at Suisun Valley Rd., which turns into Wooden Valley Rd., then continues into Hwy 121. At the junction of 121 and 128 there is a little convenience store that we usually stop at to grab a drink and rest. From there you can either take Pope-Chiles Valley Rd. North around Berryessa, or take 128 East around the southern portion of the lake. When I only have a few hours I will take 128 East to Pleasants Valley Rd., then take the side roads back to Wooden Valley Rd. to complete the loop. The little access road that runs along I-80 from the Benicia bridge to the Cordelia exit is also fun to take and keeps you off that windy section of the interstate while enroute to Susuin Valley Rd.. If you go to the Pashnit site, he has a couple of these roads listed.

Look forward to meeting your dad as well. Have to warn you though, the bike he has is the one I have been lusting after for a few years now. It doesn't help that it's in my favorite color of teal. I will have a hard time keeping my eyes off of it.

Let me know what time you guys would like to start out, how much time you'll have available, and a possible meeting place along the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
FZSilver, I PM'ed you with contact info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
BluDevil said:
FZSilver, I PM'ed you with contact info.
I'd be down for a ride w. other FZ6'ers. Provided that it is on a weekend.
Cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
Im glad this thread is getting so much response and interest with the bay area FZ6'ers.

BluDevil, I replied with my contact info to your pm. I will ask my dad if thursday is a good time for him and keep you updated on that. What time were you thinking of going this thursday? The best time for my dad to go would be usually after 3 to 4. He usually takes fridays off so if you are able to do that maybe next week could work better for us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
FZSilver, thanks for the contact info. A couple hours ride Thurs. evening would be fine. We'd just need to work around the rush hour traffic. Depending on where we decide to go, this may or may not be much of an issue.

Next Friday for a day ride would work great for me. My friend in Benicia who has a silver FZ6 may be able to join us as well. You'll have to see her Corbin seat: silver and black snake skin on the driver's seat with black leather as a border and covering the remainder. Not what you'd expect to see on a sport bike, but it looks really cool. I would love to post the pictures on this site but have had a hard time trying to do that.

I will also be off work that weekend (weekend after Labor Day) so if Friday doesn't pan out, maybe we can make it for Sunday so that some of the weekends only guys can come with us. Of course, nothing says we can't do TWO day rides... :D
 

·
Bennedetto!
Joined
·
508 Posts
Mildly off topic, I saw a slower blue putting by Evergreen High School in San Jose last night... was that anyone on here?
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top