Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the SHARP drop in useful posts here recently? It seem that when I log in I can only find about 15 threads about some guy who just bought a FZ6, 5 threads about stuff that is covered in the manual, and a few requesting price quotes like this is a dealer. Now I know that this forum is here to spread the info around, but lately it seems to be the same stuff over and over again. It seems now that this forum has lost it's flavor, if you can call it that?

Or is it now that I have to search through 6 different mini-forums to find what i want?

·
Registered
251 Posts
It could be some of our northern brethren getting out and riding after a cold winter. :D Forums always seem to be cyclical...I've run a forum for gaming over 5 years now...same stuff happens, even with hundreds of active players.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Maybe it's just because there are only so many useful topics of discussion, and they've been covered, so there's nothing left to do but repeat them? I don't know.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Welcome to online forums. I have been on a mailing list for a little over 10 years and the same question get asked about bikes that are 15 years old.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
:cheers Or it is because FAZR6 and CRAZYMOFO haven't come up with another wild mod. for us all to do...

:lol

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
My suggestion is for you to start some useful threads. I'm all out. The reason this forum is so active is because of the newness of the FZ6 and the enthusiasm of the new owner. After a few months to a year, things loose there freshness. I enjoy the enthusiasm and I'll gladly answer the same questions over and over because I remember what it was like.

Maybe that's why the veterans of this forum hang out in the general sportbike or political or whatever and talk about nothing to do with bikes. They already know it all.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does anyone else find this post extremely ironic.....................

·
Registered
419 Posts
You guys ran out of MOD ideas!? Well here's one Id like to try one day.

Like many of you Id like to change a bit my riding position through a handlebar MOD. But then again I dont want to deal or have to remember the clearance problem! So here's the idea. I was planning on installing a Suburban handlebar like maste and also the GenMar 1" risers to use at the same time. So you'll en up moving the handlebar 3/4" up and 2" foward and to my imagining eliminate the clearance problem.

So who's game to try this one out. I can't tackle it since im deep in mooving preparations.:)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Kneedragger said:
I nominate FAZtER.

May he be the first one to have ape hangers on his FZ-6. :lol
Believe me, once I get settled in GA I will try this out. Might as well do the fat 300 rear wheel MOD too! Maybe a conversion to belt drive? :neener :lol :eek:nfloor :lao

·
Registered
828 Posts
Oh and BTW DOUGHERTY I've felt the same way you do lately, so thanks for starting this thread. For me, the new forum categories somehow brought into sharper focus a staleness that was lurking in the original format for some time for those of us who have been around for months.

The initial 5 replies on this thread (especially FAZR6's) were right on. There's a sweet spot this forum hits in terms of addressing rider's questions/concerns, and once you've "graduated" from all of that it begins to get stale. No surprise there.

I do think the new format makes the search for information more efficient, assuming people post in the appropriate categories. But if you're just surfing for entertainment then yeah, you have to cruise all of them. But sifting through all the basic maintenance / old mods stuff in the old format was no fun either.

The guys running this site are smart and I'm sure they'll continue adjusting the format as necessary to make it as useful and entertaining as possible for the broadest segment of FZ-6 riders out there. :dblthumb

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I continue to check the forum daily even though most every one of my n00b questions has been answered, it's nice to see what others are doing with their bikes, get heads up about problems you might have in the future and solutions to them for when you do.

My two cents is that the new format is stifling the forum a little bit, as we just don't have the quantity of topics to "fill it in".

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I've noticed as of lately. I guess people are either getting to lazy to use the search function or just ran out of topics to post like other people mentioned. I'm not gonna say his name but a guy just posted like 6 new threads in one day on basically the same topic.

·
Registered
419 Posts
FZSilver said:
I'm not gonna say his name but a guy just posted like 6 new threads in one day on basically the same topic.

SilverBuzz?

('Bet that brought up some memories to the old dogs lurking here!) :lol

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Maybe we should all trade in our bikes for something new, create a new forum and start all over again. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to stir the pot up a bit. I'm bored at work with nothing to do, figured I would give somebody a reason to post.

·
Respect My Authority!
574 Posts
FAZtER said:
SilverBuzz?

('Bet that brought up some memories to the old dogs lurking here!) :lol

My crime was posting to numerous old threads in one night. :banme I am currently on parole. :) I have noticed that there is another member who has a one liner for just about every post. :rolleyes Surprisingly he hasn't posted in this thread. I guess the snow finally melted. :dblthumb

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
SilverBuzz said:
I have noticed that there is another member who has a one liner for just about every post. :rolleyes Surprisingly he hasn't posted in this thread. I guess the snow finally melted. :dblthumb
Ya I really get annoyed by those posts. Like posting "I can't help you with your problem."

1 - 20 of 37 Posts