Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Progrip 719 and the grip on the throttle keeps rotating. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what they did to fix it. Would rather not use grip glue.

·
Registered
482 Posts
RamCutter said:
I have the Progrip 719 and the grip on the throttle keeps rotating. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what they did to fix it. Would rather not use grip glue.
I've had at least 4 sets of Progrips and never had any problem with rotation. Did you use any kind of lubricant/liquid to help slide them on? If so, depending on what you used may be the cause. I'd recommend not using anything but compressed air to install or take off grips.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
You can use a double stick cellophane tape applied lengthwise at the throttle before inserting the grip.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
RamCutter said:
Like Jim Schmidt said, use hairspray. Spray it on the inside of the grips. It works like a lube when wet so they slide on easy. Then, after a couple of hours, the hairspray goes really tacky and holds the grips great. If you ever want to remove them you just insert a thin screwdriver under the grip, introduce a little water and they slide right back off. I'm on my second set of ProGrips and they have never budged, even after I trailered my bike for 3,000 miles (much of it in the rain) using Canyon Dancer tie downs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maste said:
I've had at least 4 sets of Progrips and never had any problem with rotation. Did you use any kind of lubricant/liquid to help slide them on? If so, depending on what you used may be the cause. I'd recommend not using anything but compressed air to install or take off grips.
Just used compressed air. The left side isn't moving at all, just the throttle. I'll try hairspray. If that doesn't work the double sided tape sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the help!

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
"Spray it on the inside of the grips. It works like a lube when wet so they slide on easy. Then, after a couple of hours, the hairspray goes really tacky and holds the grips great. "

Woowwww...!

Just hanging around, having a Bud and learning tons of stuff ! :cheers

OK. Now back to the "Dating, marriage, and SexLife" thread... :rolleyes

http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Too cool! This board just has it all!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine haven't moved either and I didn't use anything on them. I just wetted them down a lil and then used air also to help them along towards the end.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
My left one was way loose and I had to glue it. The throttle has been tight from day one and didn't need any glue.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
My throttle side Progrip got loose on me. I did the hair spray method with the previous grips, and never had a problem. Did it with these, and it was fine until riding home from work one night after the bike had sat in a heavy rain. Only way I could get it to stay down after that was some grip glue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts