Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can find the slip-on system
has anyone found the full system or anyone make the full system by oneself??
thanks
:boink :boink :boink

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
smile_trade said:
I just can find the slip-on system
has anyone found the full system or anyone make the full system by oneself??
thanks
:boink :boink
I'm not sure what you have in mind as "the full system", but after looking at all the aftermarket exhaust systems I could find for my FZ6, I decided to go with Jama Engineering's "Laser Xtreme Quad" full stainless system w/"Sport Pipe" (cat. eliminator pipe), designed specifically for the FZ6. One of the main reasons I decided on this was that Jama had also designed the FZ6's stainless headers under contract to Yamaha. This meant that, if I replaced the oem exhaust & cat. converter the full system would then be a Jama Engineering design --so that's what I did.

I don't know anyone with the Laser Quads & Sport Pipe who isn't absolutely amazed by the system's looks, sound, quality & performance improvement, myself included! :) :) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks nasaman Laser Xtreme Quad is a good exhaust for FZ6
my friend also has one on his Fz6. It's looked great...

But the Laser exhaust just has Slip-on pipe...No headpipe and midpipe for Fz6
I want to find some exhaust has head~mid~and maked by titanium
:) :) :)

·
Sidehacker Extraordinaire
2,305 Posts
Out of curiosity, if Jama designed the headers, did you find in your research who designed the cat and stock exhaust? Was that Yamaha in house development?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
smile_trade said:
Thanks nasaman Laser Xtreme Quad is a good exhaust for FZ6
my friend also has one on his Fz6. It's looked great...

But the Laser exhaust just has Slip-on pipe...No headpipe and midpipe for Fz6
I want to find some exhaust has head~mid~and maked by titanium
:) :) :)
Wrong. Let me explain.... The standard FZ6 Laser Quad system consists of the following:

1 - 4 separate slip-on mufflers/tailpipes with 2 input expander sections

2 - 1 midpipe with a Y-outlet that feeds the 2 expander sections above

3 - 1 sport pipe/cat. elim. that mates the midpipe to the 4 headpipes ("headers")

....all are designed by JAMA Engineering for the FZ6 (they sell a similar Quad system for the Yamaha R1)

In other words, the ENTIRE system, from the 4 cylinder's exhaust ports to the 4 highly-polished tailpipes was designed specifically for the FZ6 by JAMA Engineering and is made from high-quality Inox Stainless steel. Sorry, titanium isn't available.

And Jeepcoma, I don't know who designed the stock FZ6 exhaust's mufflers/tail assembly and cat. converter.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Laser does make a midpipe (cat eliminator). Robert from fosterrad says the headers are made by laser. SO if u buy a laser quad with cat eliminator then its a full system since they already made the headers. Wah Lah.

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
thats what i want... still tryin to save up... donations? any donations for my exhaust fund here? come on its slow goin...

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
i think the stocks look better than those.... with the welds all over them... that are that noticeable... but hey whatever...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered a full system from Akrapovic at a local dealer. It was very pricey, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
From my point of view, the full system made the bike ride a ton smoother.
I have noticed less engine noise,(besides the exhaust) double the full sytem up with a power comander and WOW.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
toymoto said:
From my point of view, the full system made the bike ride a ton smoother.
I have noticed less engine noise,(besides the exhaust) double the full sytem up with a power comander and WOW.
The FZ6's 7,500-8,500 RPM "flat spot" is improved with the Laser Quad system, and you'll definitely notice the improvement on the road. The link below shows the before/after dyno curves of an FZ6 with just the 4 tailpipes & midpipe fitted; another dyno run (not shown) shows the "flat spot" & power improve still more when the "sportpipe" (cat. elim.) is added, and the rear-wheel power increases a total of ~7.5 HP. Yep, the performance is both smoother and stronger with the full system, even without a PCIII, and the sound + looks are icing on the cake! :) :) :)

http://www.laserexhausts.com/dotcontrol/filemanagement/external_files/Dynojet/Motorbike/Dyno_Sport_Yamaha_FZ6S_04.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not sure what you have in mind as "the full system", but after looking at all the aftermarket exhaust systems I could find for my FZ6, I decided to go with Jama Engineering's "Laser Xtreme Quad" full stainless system w/"Sport Pipe" (cat. eliminator pipe), designed specifically for the FZ6. One of the main reasons I decided on this was that Jama had also designed the FZ6's stainless headers under contract to Yamaha. This meant that, if I replaced the oem exhaust & cat. converter the full system would then be a Jama Engineering design --so that's what I did.

I don't know anyone with the Laser Quads & Sport Pipe who isn't absolutely amazed by the system's looks, sound, quality & performance improvement, myself included! :) :) :)
Hello guys I also have FZ6 05 plate and she has x4 Laser xtreme full system no cat!! Yet just passed mod 1 today 😍🤪 ut what bennifits do the Laser xtreme give instead of the standard pipes ????? If you haven't guessed I haven't had her out of first gear 🤣🤣😪 ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts