Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Such as ported & piped(not stock) Rd's, Daytonas, or LZ350's, or similar.
On another forum a race prepped RZ owner(with pics) swears his ring dinger eats 600's.
I suppose it depends on the amount of porting done...
Radical two strokes are few & far between thes days.
Any experiences? Just curious. :cheers

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
This is FZ6 related because...?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just conversation Jay. Do you think your FZ6 could whoop a ported & piped 310 pound race prepped in a drag race?
Have you? :80500

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The real question is whether or not Coke is better than Pepsi.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hell no! Pepsi is much better!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Binary Jay said:
The real question is whether or not Coke is better than Pepsi.
With eveyone talking up their top speeds, I was just curious as to if anyone has had a good drag race.
Our FZ's are very quick and personally I think I could clean up on a two stroke.
This might be a question for the older crowd who has owned or raced a two stroke.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
There aren't too many bikes out there that can take a 2stroke. period. A fully race prepped 2 stroke 250 weighs in at something stupid like 300 lbs max (more like 250). Our bikes weigh in at a minimum of 350. we can take them in the straights but in the corners? oh, no. the 250's will kick our ass. then stick an experienced rider on one that actually knows to keep the throttle pinned and they will lap ya.

i want to own one someday, but i dont' want the maintence that goes with it. :(

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Coke is better sugary bliss if you ask me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Never rode a two-stroke street bike. Actually didn't even know that they made 2stroke stree bikes. I do know I would love to ride one. Can't beat the power to weight ratio and absolute snap of a two stroke well other then maybe a boosted 4stroke. It will be a long time before you can get me to give up my 2stroke snowmobile. 450#s and 140hp and thats stock it only gets better from there. Sorry this probably doesn't add anything usefull just have to show off my other toy.

Attachments

·
Sigh.......
291 Posts
Damn...... now that is a good "other" toy!

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I still want to get a Kawasaki 750 H2 someday. Here is a pic of one a guy has worked over, strengthened the frame, more modern suspension, and beetter brakes, etc.

Here is the link to his project. Now this particular bike would be a great street fighter:

http://www.project-h2.com/project/pj_01ae.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Looks like a cafe racer from the UK back in the day when bikers ruled the road, and cars got out of the way for them. oh yeah, and there weren't stupid SUV drivers.

being from atlanta, i am obligated to say that coke is way better than pepsi, its been around longer and it is the most recognized symbol in the world.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
redF7sp said:
Never rode a two-stroke street bike. Actually didn't even know that they made 2stroke stree bikes. I do know I would love to ride one. Can't beat the power to weight ratio and absolute snap of a two stroke well other then maybe a boosted 4stroke. It will be a long time before you can get me to give up my 2stroke snowmobile. 450#s and 140hp and thats stock it only gets better from there. Sorry this probably doesn't add anything usefull just have to show off my other toy.
Not to mention the fact that 2strokes are hella easier to work on!

·
Registered
202 Posts
04Fizzer said:
Too bad it's a Polaris. lol
Actually its a Arctic Cat 03 F7snopro. Its been modified with a 151 extension and 2inch track for riding out west, dropped about 15#s from stock, and added a few HP.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
redF7sp said:
Actually its a Arctic Cat 03 F7snopro. Its been modified with a 151 extension and 2inch track for riding out west, dropped about 15#s from stock, and added a few HP.
Ah. My bad. I saw the white cowl (didn't realize it was snow) and figured it was a Polaris. Those things are so behind in the technology. They used to be a big name, but have since fallen behind in their design. AC's MUCH better. :cheers

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Hmm. a drag race... The FZ6 can do 0-60 in 3.2 secs and a 1/4 mile with a top speed of 120 mph in under 12 secs. What can the 2 stroke do?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
segue00 said:
Hmm. a drag race... The FZ6 can do 0-60 in 3.2 secs and a 1/4 mile with a top speed of 120 mph in under 12 secs. What can the 2 stroke do?
More than that.

With the power to weight ratio, a race with a 2stroke is about pointless, unless it's a 125, then you MIGHT have a chance.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Oh, I LIKE that Kowie. :drool

·
Registered
43 Posts
The basic principle of a two stroke means that it is twice as efficient as a four stroke.

Two Stroke- Power every other stroke
Four Stroke- Power every 4th stroke.

You can see evidence of this in motocross bikes. A 450 four stroke will barely edge out a 250 2 stroke with stock engines. And the main reason for that is that the big four have all but stopped improving the two stroke bikes for several years.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts