Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another forum, and the rider said that his temps are much lower than what they were without the coating. http://www.jet-hot.com/

I was also thinking about just using standard exhaust wrap on the pipe under the cowl to prevent any additional heat discoloration and improve engine performance / optimize engine temps. Any comments, suggestions?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
The pipes won't cool as fast with the wrap and this will cause them to age faster(a lot faster) leaving you with a hole in the pipe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is true, Header wraps are designed to keep the heat in the header to improve scavenging of the cylinders. Keeping the heat in the header allows the exhaust speed to remain high. (the right idea). Your bike will run better and not run as hot. The down side is that your pipes will not last as long.

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you have a titanium system, don't do it. the titanium needs to 'breathe' so to speak and it will quickly ruin your exhaust.

you can get some of that reflective heat shield in key areas but i wouldn't recommend wrapping your pipes.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i actually had to wrap my headers (they are ss) b/c my race lower sat literally almost on top of them. the wrap works well, and the exhaust is working fine. I wouldnt' do it to Ti, but SS, I think is okay.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
I ran my F2 with ceramic wrap for years, and it never failed on me.. Bike ran faster, and it didnt cook my nutz like it normally did either. It keeps engine temperatures down, which in turn, keeps your airbox temps down, allowing cooler air into your engine, which makes more power..
I have some more tape on order right now for my 6R, and some reflective aluminum tape shielding.. gonna put that on the bottom of my air box to keep the temps even lower....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts