Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever tried "skitchin" off the back of their bike? Jump'n' off the back and ski. I've tried it a total of 2 times. Both times I had the same problem ,I get off the bike fine but I can't get back on! Which almost turned to be deadly one of the times. It's hard because of the speed you need to carry to pull it off. Just wondering if anybody can do it every time. I could use some pointers! :dunno

·
Registered
58 Posts
i havent tried it myself, but a bunch of people tell me that its way easier to skitch off the back of the bike than the side, from what i know they turn up the idle on there bike so it will keep a steady speed.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no problem ride'n' it off the side, with shoes to prove it! But thanks for the idea! I can't belive I didn't think of that before. I still need to find out how the hell to get back on without knocking the bike down :cry

·
Registered
23 Posts
just from seeing videos, it looks like you, i wanna say " tap" (maybe like a small hop) your feet to the ground and use the momentum coming back up to throw your legs back over the saddle.
it looks like when they do it, their legs get thrown backwards. (like an old horse riding trick where the rider bounces from one side of the horse to the next)
just an idea, i've never tried it myself.

good luck man

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
AWOL said:
just from seeing videos, it looks like you, i wanna say " tap" (maybe like a small hop) your feet to the ground and use the momentum coming back up to throw your legs back over the saddle.
it looks like when they do it, their legs get thrown backwards. (like an old horse riding trick where the rider bounces from one side of the horse to the next)
just an idea, i've never tried it myself.

good luck man
thats the trick, and i think goin off to the side is easier than off the back.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the side is definetly easier than the back. I tried it again last night and dropped it! Oops! :cry AWOL I think I'll try that today and see how it werx out. Hopefully a little better than yesterday :dunno

Thanks guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok man, GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope you get this before you try it!
try to have someone there with you with a car or somethin. not to jinx it though :)

good luck man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have never tried it myself but I have been told that it takes much upper body stregth to return to the saddle. Also it has been told to me it is like leap frog off your elbows. Good luck man and wear gear its a must

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I didn't get a chance to post the past couple days. Well I tried it again and this is how it worked out. I did one by myself in the road in front of my house and nailed it! :headbang I did 2 more that night no prob. Sat night I tried to show the guys in my crew and..... I need a new left mirror and the plastic mounts for my front fender. Ooopps :cry . Yeah you have to make yourself think no one is watching. Falling the first time wasn't bad because it was slow and no one was around. I got off at about 65mph and held it for a good length, but when I went to jump back on I put to much weight on one side ,the left, and it went into a bar-slap type deal. I got back on but just in time for the front end to jerk all the way to the left and I had no choice but to go down. I hit the ground at like 40mph , kinda scary got a little road rash on my stomach and leg but I'm good. Just put new sliders on that day too! The bike's straight No srcatches at all! Just the mirror and fender jazz. Don't think I'm gonna stop try'n' though! Thanks again guys for the pointers!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It's Ok. You have to crash, it lets you know your learning. Pulled a nice one on my buddy's bike --See my new thread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
what up

hey my man i am glad
that other people are in to skitchin my friends
dont even wanna try it

i love those tricks and i know you guys were talk about
your shoes getting wore down some people like that mark of
what they have done

but me if you really wanna do skitchin right
get you some skitch plates and that wont happen