Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, THAT Ann Coulter.

Sometime in the last two years I imagined a newly elected Donald Trump picking Coulter for some cabinet post. Maybe Secretary of Hotties...You know, just get her into the administration so he could hit on her whenever the notion hit him. I mean after all, wouldn't that would be Trump's dream fuck? Banging one of the ultra right's most iconic opinionaters? It's a double orgasm for him.

Well, if our resident alpha male ( I kid! I kid!) was even fantasizing on the possibility, Li'l Orphan Annie is turning off on Donald.

Here she is whining about the lack of a wall. Hell, she wants one so bad she doesn't even give a crap who pays for it!

Coulter: This is not Never Trumpers. It was very easy to brush aside Jeb Exclamation Point. Charlie Sykes. Bill Kristol. The Former Trumpers are the ones who would die for Trump, who would defend him from anything, who did defend him and blew off the “Access Hollywood” tape — blew off everything. We kept coming back. He could sell Ivanka Trump merchandise from the Oval Office if he would just build the wall.

If he doesn’t have us anymore — that’s what he should be worried about, because, you play those people for suckers? The ones who stood by him through thick and thin and thought this was finally something different? Former Trumpers should put the fear of God in him.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The market apparently has had enough of Trump for now. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Sinclair, now that their corporate propaganda operation has been aired for all to see.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
his own wife doesn't spend time around him. he doesn't need ann coulter, his mind is on putin and how to please him since he owes him a lot of money for his election results. the calls are trump getting his new instructions and the visit is their slumber party.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Not so much this morning. Trump is finally pointing a finger at Putin about gas attacks in Syria. Of course, he's blaming Obama, too. Because that plays well in dumbfuckistan where Trump derives his support. But, baby steps.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
Because mueller is about to start serving search warrants. oh yeah, his lawyer is first. Time for the popcorn.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The FBI search warrant may be the so-called inflection point of this whole Trump scandal. Cohen knows EVERYTHING!

The real question is how much he's willing to absorb for his sugar daddy. Prison and financial ruin while Trump goes free....or "take the boss down with me if I'm going to do some time in the slammer?" ("To be or not to be" said the Prince of Denmark.)

Whatever happens this whole thing won't completely settle out anytime soon. This will go beyond 2020, I'm thinking. Too many shady characters in this political drama. You know what they say about the wheels of justice grinding slowly but inevitably.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
You are forgetting something - Presidential pardons. If Mueller and his crew are smart, and they probably are, they have involved state prosecutors. Trump can't pardon anybody when they get brought up on state charges. Just federal charges. I don't know how any of if works, but I'm impressed that the New York prosecutor who this got referred to is a Trump appointee. Looks like somebody has loyalty to the nation and not to the wannabe tin pot.

[edit] I forgot one salient point. Trump doesn't seem to have an end game in mind. For him, it's an endless string of reactions and spleen. There's no long term goal, just a whole bunch of lurching around. He may turn on Cohen. He may have turned on Manafort, and maybe that's why Manafort hasn't been pardoned and then hustled out of the country somewhere. So much for three dimensional chess. It's solitaire with missing cards. Don't forget that Trump always wins when he plays golf. He cheats at golf. He wouldn't know how to win without cheating. He's now in a situation where he can't cheat. He's fucked.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who cares if Trump pardons his all the players around himself: "Javanka" Kushner, Cohen, Manafort, Papadapoulas, etc. etc.? I can see this whole thing just kind of grinding to a halt while Trump gets booted out of DC in 2020. There is so much corruption, so many separate instances of it that it will take years to sort out. The entire Trump operation is a complete criminal organization. Trump was always loving to run in the fast lane and now hes going to pay for it.

Girls, Russians, gambling operations in Vegas and Jersey, fake companies, China, stiffing creditors.... It never seems to stop. There seems to be this incredible nexus of all this bad shit coming together at the same time.

Pardons may or may nor happen but the convictions will last forever. That's the point. The people need to understand how bad this creep was for the country. The best thing for Trump's legacy would be for him to drop dead of a heart attack so he can take all this shit to his grave with him.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
No, that would not be the best thing. Then we would get Pence. Do you really want an apocalyptic Christer with his finger on the button? I sure don't. Plus, Pence is an ideological wingnut who would play right along with the McConnell monarchist wing of the GOP. Trump may be the best thing for us now, assuming we survive him. He will stir up so much mud that the GOP will have to straighten up, move back toward reality, and become a genuine center-right party again.

My take is that Trump may pardon people, but there's so much out there that it will continue to ooze out of the walls for decades. Those he may or may not pardon now, will probably be in legal jeopardy for decades on other charges that don't come up until after Trump is out of office. Likewise, Trump can't pardon himself once he's out of power if the lid blows off.

I can imagine a scenario where Trump loses in 2020, resigns, and then gets pardoned by Pence before it's too late. That would be a sleazy deal, but it's one I don't find particularly far fetched. I seriously doubt that the Democrats would have much interest in pursuing Trump once he's out of office. Let him go be a sleaze somewhere and let Melania give him a black eye. Who cares. Once he can't harm the nation, he's back to being just as irrelevant as he was before he decided to run for President. He will be in the same category as dumb'ya. Lousy President, now irrelevant ex-President.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what Ford did for Nixon. Ford did it, he said, to just bring the damned Watergate affair to a close. There was business to do. (Anyone remember "W.I.N."?) There's some truth in the excuse, I think, but there's no question crimes were committed by Nixon. At the time, I was incensed that he got away with it.

Trump? Pence? You can't get a feeler gauge between the two, in terms of the harm they do—and can do in the future—to this country.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I think Pence is unfit for the Presidency, but I also think we won’t pardon Trump.

I’d love to see it. No way Trump wins another election EVER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I would like to think that Trump could never win another election, but the GOP are rallying to him. It's a little astonishing to me, but then it's all a bunch of tribal brownshirts anyway. I don't expect a recession until sometime in 2019 at the soonest. That means the economy won't bring down Trump unless there's a slowdown in 2020. The sleaze might, but I don't count on anything. I thought Hillary would be elected in spite of herself and that she would have coattails. Shows what I know.

·
Premium Member
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the Democrats and Indies turn out this November; and if the remaining few disaffected Republicans stay at home, it could be a blistering turnaround for the country. You can't help but wonder what this daily spewing of some new legal or political outrage, some new disgusting fact turning up, some ridiculous pronouncement from Trump which displays his utter lack of how to be a POTUS....you can't help wondering what effect this has on even his most ardent followers.

The more this draqs on the more evident it becomes that we have an utter criminal for a president. And even worse, all the intelligent Republicans have left, or are leaving, Washington. (How many of them are leaving the House this year? Nearly 40 I think.) The GOP is Trump's party now. Full stop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts