Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
keeping the harley tradition, 1/2 the performance for twice the price.
I love how often Jay had to bite his tongue. He did a vid on another electric bike years ago and isn't fooled with the old technology hd puked up for this. There are start ups with better bikes than hd...how sad. So they will try to sell a brand without the image? Good luck. Better yet, just go away already.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Love how Harley is proud of the extra complicated drive system that leeches power but makes extra noise. "Yeah notice how this is shittily designed and makes racket? We did that on purpose lawl" - a basic Harley design principle in action.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
does anyone else recognize the inherent stability/handling issues a big, powerful, longitudinally mounted electric motor will create?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
How the hell can you impress Jay Leno, with the collection that guy has! I wonder how many Harleys he even has there. We watch Jays videos often, and yea, he was being pretty kind. But oddly, this is the first bike by HD in quite some time that I'd actually like to throw a leg over. We have electric vehicles where i work, and some are quite powerful, altho not available to the buying public. There's promise tho.
I'd like to buy American, but I'm not interested in "traditional" HD. Range of the Live Wire is disappointing, but at least they're in the game. And I do think it looks better than many of the others. They can shit can the regen system tho, i think that's added weight without enough ability to noticeably increase range. Plus, they do have plenty of capital to continue to develop it, whereas the smaller companies can run out of funds, or are forced to compromise. Where I live and the short commute I have to work, an electric bike (or car, my plant has free charging stations) is worth considering. Few more years. .. give me an electric vehicle that can be charged daily using solar power, and I'm absolutely in. Screw fossil fuels, I hate whom I'm having to buy it from, and I'm willing to make big changes for that.
Aside from the fact that I want my kids to enjoy this earth as much as I have. Change is needed.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I look at electric vehicles for the public, and all I can think about is the fact that private industry uses the fuel an entire city uses in a day. . . .in an hour.

A drilling rig, between the CAT, the trackhoe, the pickups used to get there, the rig itself, and the fluid/equipment haulers, will happily use tens of thousands of litres of fuel in a week. it'd probably take a city of 20,000 people to switch to electric vehicles to save that much fuel.

for one rig. that's only while it's being drilled.

or consider a mine. the fossil fuel consumption there is incredible. mind blowing. until electricity is cheaper, those big businesses won't bother switching.

Reactions: F4sSprintST

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I have always liked how uncritically enthusiastic Leno is about whatever he is doing an episode on.

But i think even he was getting a little bit tired of Mr. "pre-programed speeches with bullshit buzzwords".

comparing Harley's bike to other manufacturers bikes is kinda unfair.

zero has actual vehicals you can actually buy. as in own. for yourself.

harley doesn't. we have no idea if the harley's perfomance is reliable, or if they have to replace brushes on the motor every month (dog, i hope they don't have a brushed electric motor, that would suck). we don't know how much money Harley had to spend to build the bike.

Of course a major manufacturer's skunk works prototype is ging to beat a production... oh wait zero's bikes kick the harley's ass.
:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor
Zero S Electric Motorcycle - Specs || ZERO MOTORCYCLES
never mind compare away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts