Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
MoCo riders are going to flip their shit. Think the V-Rod riders and the 'Street' riders are going to be outcasts? Just wait...

That said, I'm proud of Harley for actually, you know, doing something... Anything... Anything at all that's 'advancement'. (Assuming that advert is real.)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Electric vehicles. For people who wanna abolish fossil fuels.....in a country where nearly 3/4 of the power is generated from coal burning plants.

Fucking hilarious.

Reactions: PhilB

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Ive been wanting to get a bunch of bumper stickers made that say 'coal powered car' to slap on all the electric vehicles around here. Its over 90% of WVs power

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Also, HD musta finally given up trying to make an actual sporting engine. "fuckit", says HD designers, "Lets just use even OLDER technology!"

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Ive been wanting to get a bunch of bumper stickers made that say 'coal powered car' to slap on all the electric vehicles around here. Its over 90% of WVs power
Yes, but if the vehicle is electric it can be powered by whatever you may care to use. Solar, nuclear, wind, it doesn't matter. With luck biofuels will take over for fossil fuels (microbes can make them and they're carbon neutral) but if all the cars are electric you don't have to re-tool.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
175 Posts
Got a source for that?
Use Google it is your friend, asking someone for sources is a sign of ineptitude.

I despise electric crap, Harley or otherwise.
Now if Harley came out with a inline 4 cylinder to compete with Japan I would be floored then.:tremble
They sell electric powered things in the toy section a Walmart.

If Harley is reading this -- consumers want a cheap reliable motorcycle, not a over priced piece of junk that looks the same as if it came from the 60s in 2014.
If an Electric motorcycle went for $8000, which is a fair price not $18,000 or $28,000 or $38,000.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Use Google it is your friend, asking someone for sources is a sign of ineptitude.
You couldn't be more wrong.

When someone makes a claim the onus is on them to substantiate said claim (this is known as the philosophic burden of proof). Especially when it's someone as prone to hyperbole as Pred, who is a caveman/******* when it comes to embracing technology.

·
V-Twin Devotee
34 Posts
Looks like a Buell XB

That's because it is one. They didn't innovate shit, they took Erik's electric bike, spray painted it black and leatherfagged it up a bit.

Wait, can I say leatherfag in here? Don't wanna offend gay people by associating them with HD....

There was a prototype of the electric bike, and the Rotax dirtbike was being "run the shit out of" in 2010 when the Buell shutdown happened. Half the electric bike program engineers ended up at Zero, some are at EBR doing a hybrid (and we presume an electric), and apparently a few went to HD. Just enough to spraypaint it black, change the front wheel and try to hide it's sportbike origins. Can't wait to see it with tassles & a big windscreen- "Excuse me sir, does this come with assless chaps, or are they extra?"

It pisses me off because I friggin' hate hardley davidson, but being as how they own all the Buell patents, this is a logical step for them.

Like electric or not, it makes sense for people in urban areas with short commutes, and I bet it's the fastest thing in the HD fleet in the 1/8th mile. I also have to give them begrudging credit for this. Douchebags though they be.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

If Harley is reading this -- consumers want a cheap reliable motorcycle, not a over priced piece of junk that looks the same as if it came from the 60s in 2014.
If an Electric motorcycle went for $8000, which is a fair price not $18,000 or $28,000 or $38,000.
Now this is just getting laughable.

You're right. There is no interest whatsoever in quality, even-if-expensive, electrically powered vehicles.

PS - you forgot to finish your last sentence.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if this one has $6000 worth of batteries in it to get some range. They would lose money at an 8k msrp.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts

I despise electric crap, Harley or otherwise.

Now if Harley came out with a inline 4 cylinder to compete with Japan I would be floored then.:tremble

asking someone to site a source isn't a sign of ineptitude; it's holding them accountable for what they say.

as far as a price, I could see it being in the $15,000 ballpark.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
V-Twin Devotee
34 Posts
The high-zoot Zero is seventeen thousand. Add the five thousand dollar "Loook at mahhh bayaaad asss haaaarleeeee" fee to that, and I'm guessing 18-23K.

But as long as the assless chaps are thrown in for free....

It even has the Barracuda/EBR-1190 wheel spokes, I wouldn't be surprised if they're hubless, too. The basic design is pretty tight, take all the plastic crap off and the rear looks right. The front looks like it rolled through Judas Priest's wardrobe van, and the chrome spray paint is a classy touch. It can't BE super heavy, let's make it LOOK heavy. *palm to forehead*

1 - 20 of 64 Posts