Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start, I think it is just the battery.

I will go to the bike, pull in the choke and usually hit the starterand Vroom, it begins to warm up.

Now........I go hit the choke, hit starter, the starter makes noise, but nothing happens. I twist the throttle once or twice(not trying to flood the carboratuer(sp)) and nothing. So I have to have the choke pulled, and hold the throttle slightly while hitting the starter to it to start up. I hope that is something as simple as a dying battery, because I am on the broke side. You think I could have it re-charged or just....buy a new one? If that is the problem I mean. I don't have a voltage tester or life thing to see whaere it is at.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you saying that the starter turns the motor over more slowly??? If so you need to have the battery checked and the charging system checked. Could be the stator has chosen to die or the battery is on the way out. Could be corroded connectors too
Jim

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
pull the battery and take it to autozone or something that will test it, before you pull it out, look at your connectors and make sure they are tight and not corroded. if none of those work, post up, i got a couple of other ideas.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, Just got back form the shop. Wanna know the price of an 02' R6 battery?

Wait for it.

Wait.

$$180!!!!!!

Checked 5 catalogs, 3 shops. OMg, I am forever going to be broke. Connectors good, everything is tight. battery is about to kick the bucket. I can not believe that price :nutkick Uh, thats how I feel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts