Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to break the bead on my tires and I was having the worst time ever. I looked online and found this bead breaker.
This is by far the best bead breaker I have ever used. Broke the bead in seconds with very little force on my end. It fits my rims perfectly and it has a really thick layer of soft paint so it doesn't scratch the rims.

I also picked up 2 HF tire irons as well for $5 each.

If you are looking for a bead breaker I recommend this one. It also small and easy to store.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=92961

Coupon to make it even cheaper!
Greatest Tool Values in America!

·
Banned
7,982 Posts
So I was trying to break the bead on my tires and I was having the worst time ever. I looked online and found this bead breaker.
This is by far the best bead breaker I have ever used. Broke the bead in seconds with very little force on my end. It fits my rims perfectly and it has a really thick layer of soft paint so it doesn't scratch the rims.

I also picked up 2 HF tire irons as well for $5 each.

If you are looking for a bead breaker I recommend this one. It also small and easy to store.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=92961

Coupon to make it even cheaper!
Greatest Tool Values in America!
Sorry for the late PM, I most not of been logged in all the times I been checking this site...LOL

Seeing as you got it all taken care of, want to go for a ride tomorrow 10-2-08??? I plan to go early so I can be back around 1pm.

·
Registered
393 Posts
colorado riding ftw, i think im going to take one last pikes peak trip before it gets way too stormy and cold up there.

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
harbor freight is the walmart of tools. There are the occasional gems, but most of it is cheap crap. My dad bought many things from there because it always looks like a good deal. Like Walmart stuff, though, they always cut too many corners.
There's the dremel knockoff whose shaft was off center and vibrated all to hell; the digital caliper gauge that couldn't stay on very long; the brake vacuum pump with pre-torn adapters made of horribly weak rubber, opaque hose and a small, top heavy resorvoir; and i forget what else.

Glad you got a good, one, though :)

·
Banned
7,982 Posts
colorado riding ftw, i think im going to take one last pikes peak trip before it gets way too stormy and cold up there.
hmmm...that sounds like fun and I have a annual Pikes Peak Pass. Want company!!!

What day you thinking of??? You could swing by my place in Monument on your way down.

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
harbor freight is the walmart of tools. There are the occasional gems, but most of it is cheap crap. My dad bought many things from there because it always looks like a good deal. Like Walmart stuff, though, they always cut too many corners.
There's the dremel knockoff whose shaft was off center and vibrated all to hell; the digital caliper gauge that couldn't stay on very long; the brake vacuum pump with pre-torn adapters made of horribly weak rubber, opaque hose and a small, top heavy resorvoir; and i forget what else.

Glad you got a good, one, though :)
Sure, Harbor Freight sells junk. When it comes to certain tools I ask myself: how many times will I use this? If I'm going to be using it a lot, I'll buy quality. If it's something I may only use once or twice and it may break right away, I may be more apt to take a chance on the Harbor Freight tool. After all, they aren't any more expensive than renting, and I may get a second or third use out of it for the price.

For instance: 3/4" Socket set. Not used often. $59.99 at Harbor Freight (Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices). I've even used the sockets with my air impact gun. The equivalent from Snap-On is $1049.20 (without a carrying case) (414AHD, Set, General Service, 12-Point (15 tools)). I'd have to use them a lot to justify the cost!

·
Registered
393 Posts
hmmm...that sounds like fun and I have a annual Pikes Peak Pass. Want company!!!

What day you thinking of??? You could swing by my place in Monument on your way down.
not sure when i'll be going, whenever i have some free time from work. My schedule isnt the same every week and i work pretty much every weekend day.

Ill shoot you a pm when i find a day i could do it, or you could tell me what works for you. Would be nice to have someone with me to brave the climb, its cold up there even in summer lol. The drop offs with no gaurd rails are a fun pucker factor to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts