Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I puchased a set of Handy stands, the universal set, pretty cheap at $99 and the rear stand is pretty sturdy according to a few others that have the set.

They charged my credit card, but they have yet to ship the product. I thought vendors could only charge a card once the product was shipped? Anybody know any details on this process?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure about the details of when they can charge your card or anything, but you'll like the stands. I have the set and like it. Plus, considering it got to me up in Canada in under a week, you should have them pretty quick I would think.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I have Handy Stands...They are great people to deal with...call them if you have questions...

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bumblebee said:
I have Handy Stands...They are great people to deal with...call them if you have questions...
You and a few others commented on them in a previous thread. I took the plunge, now just have to wait. I was planning on using them to adjust and lube my chain and to install my frame sliders.

Of course, at least in New England, the bike would sit on them from the end of October to the beginning of April.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The order usually takes 5-10 business days to ship. I emailed them and they got right back to me. I really like my Handy stand, although not entirely sold on the front one though.

Not sure if you've seen this thread: http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276157

Edit: Not entirely sure regarding charging of the credit card. Although most will charge upon order, and once payment is received they'll make or ship your product. They're not going to send unless they're paid. :)

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GSR1AB said:
The order usually takes 5-10 business days to ship. I emailed them and they got right back to me. I really like my Handy stand, although not entirely sold on the front one though.

Not sure if you've seen this thread: http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276157
Yeah, I've read that thread, and contributed to it...

http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276157&page=2&pp=15

I heard the front was a tad weak. I may try to some research on a better front end support and purchase one next month...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Depends on what you consider "weak". If you're planning on sitting on your bike and jumping around while it's on the stand, than sure, it's not the strongest one out there. For working on your bike however, it's perfectly fine. I trust mine completely.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
never heard anything bad about them, esp. for the $.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Figured I'd bump this thread instead of creating a new one. Got my set today, took a week or two from when ordering because they were on backorder, of course didnt say that on the website.

The rear stand didnt work so well with my 250. I ended up having to add about an inch of wood on the rubber pads since it held the bike, but not off the ground. I also bent the two sides towards the center as I didnt like how the supports looked when they had an inch or so to flex. They look pretty sturdy though, so for 100, not too shabby.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
My card was charged when the stuff I bought online was shipped. ex. ..My car Tires/wheels, motorcycle gear., etc

·
Registered
170 Posts
All vendors are probably different, but whenever I order stuff online my card gets charged almost immediately even if it's going to take them a day or two to assemble my order at the warehouse or what not.

For example, if you would have paid by money order, they would most likely deposit that immediately to make sure it cleared before shipping your item. I don't think a credit card is any different other than much faster processing time.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm debating on getting a set of Woodcrafts. I like the idea of lifting the front of the machine by the triple tree instead of the front forks. And no, not because of that weird rumor were the forks were bending. I think a front Woodcraft is in my not-so-distant future! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought the Handy Stands over 2 years ago. I did notice that when I bought them, they charged my credit card before they officially sent them. I did get them a little less than 2 weeks from the order date so it wasn't a big deal.

The stands work very. I feel perfectly comfortable sitting on the bike when it is on the front and rear stand. When I have to do fork work (Man, I hate doing fork work :mg), I use a pitbull front stand the lifts the bike by the triple tree and use the Handy stand rear with spools. The combination works really well.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I ordered mine the 17th and haven't gotten them yet. Hopefully they'll be here within a few days although I haven't gotten a ship confirmation or a reply from when I asked them when I should expect the stands.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts