Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an awesome story and a great inspiration for would be riders who are amputated.

Story link

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Well Rascus its ironic you mention this story.
When I was in Abilene, I saw one of those Kawasaki KZ1000's with a Sidecar, only the rider was in the sidecar. He was handicap and I dont know how, but operated from the sidecar.
I gave him a thumbs up, he gave me a thumbs up and it was very inspirational.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, figured more people would respond to this...oh well.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I think that's hella cool. Probably one of the neatest things I've seen, that dudes got guts.

·
Supersport Batman
430 Posts
Awesome. At first i thought if i was in his situation, i would totally do the same thing and find a way to ride. But then i think about it, how many of us would actually still ride after becoming a handicap. Does anyone know how he became handicaped? (hope i worded it right, to not sound like a jerk)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Rascus said:
Wow, figured more people would respond to this...oh well.
Its too early for some people to be up :eek:nfloor Its great to see stuff like this, just awesome that even though he lost his legs he can still ride. Seems to have some great friends that moded his bike. Just hope he never gets in a situation where he can't put the wheels down.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Cool. Best I ever saw was at a gas station near Sturgis. Dude pulled up on his trike, stopped in front of the pump, reached around and pulled a wheelchair out of (somewhere), unfolded it next to his bike, climbed off the bike and into the chair, gassed up, wheeled himself into the store and paid his bill, then climbed back onto the bike (what looked like a huge task), folded up his chair, secured it back in its storage spot and hit the road. Amazing stuff.

·
Registered
181 Posts
:dblthumb what a kick ass story! I feel bad for him, then again he's doing what he wants and he has more guts and courage then I ever thought about having. The guy has spirit. I got to say the people that helped him out with the setup was pretty cool too. Ahaaa! Yet another example of human decency!! Thanks for the post Rascus

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow, the smile on his face... I almost started crying. My brother died on his bike, it was the best way I can think of for him to have died and sometimes wonder if it wasn't an "accident" since he was sick at the time. If I lost my legs doing what I loved, I can only imagine how it would feel inside to have friends that would be so willing to help and work and be creative to allow me to do that thing again. It was inspirational and thanks.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
WOW that is AWESOME!! shows what you can accomplish if you are determined!! Good post

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
that guy's kinda local and friend to some friends of mine.

http://www.adaptivemotorcycles.com/

local rider was recently paralyzed after a bike wreck, hope to point him in this direction

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
That's absolutely amazing. Guy's got some serious balls--that's for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts