Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well nobody seems to post here so i figured id post something. Anybody belong to any of the local clubs, any recomendations, suggestions. Id like to find a good group to ride with, that actully has functions and rides,and what not, and doesnt just post up at the local gas station, mc D's etc.
 

·
Mt Vesuvius
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
do you want to ride or do you want to ride around 50 deep and look cool...

i have had many good days "posting up" at the local gas station...

noticket will show you some good roads if you wanna actually scuff your rear in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CBRWildChild said:
do you want to ride or do you want to ride around 50 deep and look cool...

i have had many good days "posting up" at the local gas station...

noticket will show you some good roads if you wanna actually scuff your rear in
i really just like to ride , Posting up is cool sometimes for a few minutes, but i really just wanna get out there and learn some new roads and get better riding in general (this is my 4th bike, but my first in 2 years), which is tough when your riding solo, or riding with people who are homebodies with wives that cant ride for long, or go far lol. most of my riding buddies have left the area (military reasons mostly), others are out to sea, or deployed overseas in Iraq. has nothing to do with looking cool, just more fun to have a group of people to ride with, and learn from. If anything id say that the guys hanging out in the parking lot are more into "lookin cool" than riding. Looking cool in a parking lot doesnt really help building on your skills if ya know what i mean.
 

·
Mt Vesuvius
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
KWTH8N said:
i really just like to ride , Posting up is cool sometimes for a few minutes, but i really just wanna get out there and learn some new roads and get better riding in general (this is my 4th bike, but my first in 2 years), which is tough when your riding solo, or riding with people who are homebodies with wives that cant ride for long, or go far lol. most of my riding buddies have left the area (military reasons mostly), others are out to sea, or deployed overseas in Iraq. has nothing to do with looking cool, just more fun to have a group of people to ride with, and learn from. If anything id say that the guys hanging out in the parking lot are more into "lookin cool" than riding. Looking cool in a parking lot doesnt really help building on your skills if ya know what i mean.
totally know the feeling...i was one of the flakes when my bike got stolen...only had liability and its just now that i can finally get another bike...but if you PM noticket he can show you all the roads you want...

i took the gas station comment a little personal cause rusty and anyone else that wants to go meet up there...but i know rusty would love to go...anyway...i will get your phone number when i get a tag and on the road...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool definitely let me know, and i dont think you guys in the parking lots are flakes lol, id just rather be riding than sitting, but granted you gotta meet up somewhere, but after 30 minutes i get the itch to roll out, i was a little insulted when you said i just wanted to look cool by riding with others, but i see where you were coming from too, i could have worded it better :beer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
alright, you guys talkin about wantin to ride, I'll try to put one together for this sunday. Meet up around 10am mabey at the citgo at harpersville and jefferson. Head over the jrb and I'll show yall the back roads. adam please have a tag, temp tag, somethin man. I need sombody to ride with. who's in?post up , I'l check back later to see if anyones gonna show. Im gonna bring a fast girl with me ,so................
 

·
Squid Poacher
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
Adam you've got another bike man? I may have to put a D tag on my bike for this man......
 

·
Mt Vesuvius
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
scatterbrained said:
Adam you've got another bike man? I may have to put a D tag on my bike for this man......
bro...hook me up with something for a tag...i will be back in town saturday night and would love to get out and start learning the new bike...when r u moving anyway?
 

·
Mt Vesuvius
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
CBRWildChild said:
bro...hook me up with something for a tag...i will be back in town saturday night and would love to get out and start learning the new bike...when r u moving anyway?
thats the only way i will be able to ride...it still has the mud flap on the back and everything...gonna have to work on that...


KWTH8N,

we only sit for more than 30 min if you get there really early or someone is running late and rusty picks up his phone:)

i guess we are not really a parkinglot gang...we just hit up wherever

rusty...why the citgo...what happened with the BP?
 

·
Mt Vesuvius
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
NOTIKIT said:
alright, you guys talkin about wantin to ride, I'll try to put one together for this sunday. Meet up around 10am mabey at the citgo at harpersville and jefferson. Head over the jrb and I'll show yall the back roads. adam please have a tag, temp tag, somethin man. I need sombody to ride with. who's in?post up , I'l check back later to see if anyones gonna show. Im gonna bring a fast girl with me ,so................
fast girl?
:bitchslap
 

·
Mt Vesuvius
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
KWTH8N said:
Im in.. just post up a definite time and place, and I'll try to keep up :cheers
how i wish there was a magic bullet that i could slap on the rear so i can ride this weekend...i got my insurance and now just waiting on the title...guess it will be july before i get to ride...oh well...

Rusty will probably post up today the when and where...be safe...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
anyone wants to ride meet up at the exxon ( I thought it was a citgo) corner of harpersville and jefferson 10 am sunday morning. We'll hit the back roads and have some fun. Everybody's welcome, so spread the word.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NOTIKIT said:
anyone wants to ride meet up at the exxon ( I thought it was a citgo) corner of harpersville and jefferson 10 am sunday morning. We'll hit the back roads and have some fun. Everybody's welcome, so spread the word.:)
I'll be there, trying to round up some others, weather is supposed to be real nice too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn it, i woke up late, just missed you guys . i got there round 1030, i think i saw you heading up jefferson , but by the time i was able to bust out a u turn, i didnt see where you guys went. I even tried to catch up on the JRB, but you were long gone, wound up doing another solo mission. Thats what i get relying on my 2 year old to wake me up, shes usually up by 7 am everday like clockwork, today she rolls into my room at 945. Lemme know when you guys do it again, pm me or post up whatever, hope everyone was safe, and had fun, see ya next time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Great riding with you gentlemen today. It is always nice to meet new, avid, sportbike riders. I hope you all had a safe trip home and I can't wait to get out and ride with the group again.

All apologies if I came across as stand-offish, I'm uncomfortable around new people(shy).

Catch you guys later and keep the rubber side down.

-Garrett-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
KWTH8N, dude you missed an EPIC ride, I think we had 11 bikes today , all very , very good riders. We rode about 190 miles all together, 95%
backroads, no traffic,no 5-0,and just one deer. Sorry you missed it, but hopefully we can all get together again.

Garrett- no worries, the one thing that brings us all together is bikes, stay tuned , and I will try to set up another ride soon
 

·
Mt Vesuvius
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
NOTIKIT said:
KWTH8N, dude you missed an EPIC ride, I think we had 11 bikes today , all very , very good riders. We rode about 190 miles all together, 95%
backroads, no traffic,no 5-0,and just one deer. Sorry you missed it, but hopefully we can all get together again.

Garrett- no worries, the one thing that brings us all together is bikes, stay tuned , and I will try to set up another ride soon
how about not this weekend but next...i think i will have my tag by then....should have it tomorrow...hopefully i can pick up the thitle up tonight...if not i will be up the monday after...

i look foward to meeting some new folks too...good times with good people
 

·
Squid Poacher
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
anyone riding on sunday?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top