Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend got to play a copy of Halo 2 beta the other day and told me a little about it. his friends dad works for microsoft so they got a copy to play online with a bunch of other microsoft employees all over the country to test out the online play for the most part. ill fill yall in on what he told me. i didnt get all the details, but i do remember him sayin he didnt get to use an elite plasma sword thing, but i dunno if it was because he just didnt pick one up or there wasnt one to pick up. he also said that the dual-wielding wasnt all it was cracked up to be cause you couldnt throw any nades when youre dual-wielding. iirc, he also said the control of the warthog is different, but i dont exactly remember how.

ill see him at work tomorrow and ill get some more info on it.

anyone else get to play the beta by chance?

·
Registered
222 Posts
No offense man, but I think your friend maybe full of it...

"When Halo 2 is in beta mode, it won't be on disk but will require the tester to own an Xbox debug/development kit with a DVD emulator drive. In order to beta test Halo 2, you will need to have one of these, which, consequently, will require you to be a licensed Xbox developer.

Of course, any licensed Xbox developer that is outside MS Game Studios is our competition, so you can logically assume we won't be sending out beta versions of Halo 2 outside MGS. And even inside MGS, only those with permissions set are able to prop a build from our internal server.

So- there is no way to beta test Halo 2. There is no waiting list. There is no email to apply for one. When Halo 2 nears completion, there may be internal playtest opportunities, but if anyone tells you they have a beta disk of Halo 2 you can rest assured it is complete hogwash."

---DavidC from Bungie
Taken from here
http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive7.pl?read=180797

Also from Bungie's FAQ on Halo 2

"Q

What is the Halo 2 Alpha test?

A

The Alpha test took place earlier this year and was a Microsoft internal-only networking test. Bungie employees and other members of Microsoft played at home over Xbox Live to provide valuable data and insight into the games networking components."

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Well, there was a demo setup of Halo 2 at a recent music event here in my town. It was sponsored by Xbox, and they had a bunch of things set up with games that weren't out at the time...Madden, Black Arrow, Halo 2...all playable...the line for Halo 2 was huge.

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know if it was a "beta" test or whatever, but i know he got to play it, whatever it is. i just threw the beta thing out there without any basis for naming it as such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts