Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After work I went for a little ride, since it looked like it was gonna rain I just rode around here. Went and got some gas its nice to fill it up completely and only spend $7. Well anyways I started to head out towards lake wheeler and it looked like it was gonna pour with rain. So I turned around to head back home. I was on tryon near gorman close to the gas station and a HUGE jeep comes at me freakin HEAD ON!!!! I mean this thing had super strength aftermarket bumpers with a winch. Now jeeps is one thing I know and I knew if this fawker hit me I'M DEAD......So I got on my brakes hardcore and upshifted really quick. Fortunately I saw some room towards the far right side of the road and it looked pretty safe. SO I kicked up one more gear and freakin juiced it and was able to get around without a problem. Now I have no clue how close he got to me or what happened behind me. But it scared the sh!t outta me and it seemed like he was really close to me. I know for sure if he would have hit me head on that would have been it. He was prolly goin about 50 and by the time I got close to him I was prolly only going about 35. Well all in all I ended up fine, it just scared the crap outta me. I also realized that when I have to that ninja can freakin move in the 6-9k range holy crap.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Damn!! Glad you wasn't injured! Makes you want to carry some form of spikes on your bike, give the dumbass a flat tire.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am glad nothing happened also. My fiance has made a big enough deal about me getting hurt as it is. Don't need it to really happen. I hope he didn't hit anyone behind me. I don't know if there was a car behind me or not. I was to busy at the time paying attention to the stoplight and the people stopped at it ahead of me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay and nothing happened. It is so annoying when drivers do not pay attention. I know I had a near miss a while back when an SUV ran a stop sign. The whole situation seemed to happen in slow motion but if I did not speed up I would have been T-boned big time. Nice to have a little power when you need it.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Good move man. Gotta always be ready on the bike for the worst case scenarios. It's when you start getting relaxed and letting your mind wander that you find someone bearing down on you in your lane. A good lesson for you at such an early stage of the riding experience. That area of Tryon is not the best area to be practicing though. Lots of idiots running around over there for some reason.

·
Registered
791 Posts
ooh thats scarrier than my close call with an old lady. So was it a 2 lane street? I hope you're riding with your high beams on, it cant hurt.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Glad you make it through okay man. Ride safe and realize everyone in a cage is out to get you. That's the only way to ride dude. Keep that in mind and you'll always be ready.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SnookayDCC said:
ooh thats scarrier than my close call with an old lady. So was it a 2 lane street? I hope you're riding with your high beams on, it cant hurt.

yeah it was a 2 lane street. High beam are on at all times.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kazlab67 said:
Good move man. Gotta always be ready on the bike for the worst case scenarios. It's when you start getting relaxed and letting your mind wander that you find someone bearing down on you in your lane. A good lesson for you at such an early stage of the riding experience. That area of Tryon is not the best area to be practicing though. Lots of idiots running around over there for some reason.

the funny thing is I have ridden down that street quite a bit now and never had a problem. I like going down near lake wheeler cause there isn't much traffic down there. So unfortunately I have to take tryon to get there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts