Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, I purchased a 2007 hyosung gt250r as my first bike. It's in pretty good shape other than a missing right turn signal and a rusty tank. I ordered a pair of turn signals but I have no clue how to install them. I just spent an hour trying to figure out how but no dice. There are two wires enclosed in a rubbery material the other turn signal (the one that's not missing) has the same thing but it is connected with the wires from the turn signal.

As for the gas tank, I saw some vids on youtube. People use metal rescue for rusty gas tanks, I might give that a try what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
You take the 2 wires from the old indicator and connect them to the new indicator .
You empty your tank of fuel , wash it out with water , fill it 1/5 full of water / throw in a handfull of nut and or bolts ,do the shakey wakey , rinse the tank out of the bolts and bits . Dry the tank furrely , pour a liter of fuel in it , shake it around ,pour it away . fit an inline fuel filter , fill yer tank .. ride on .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You take the 2 wires from the old indicator and connect them to the new indicator .
You empty your tank of fuel , wash it out with water , fill it 1/5 full of water / throw in a handfull of nut and or bolts ,do the shakey wakey , rinse the tank out of the bolts and bits . Dry the tank furrely , pour a liter of fuel in it , shake it around ,pour it away . fit an inline fuel filter , fill yer tank .. ride on .

I tried doing that or at least I think I did for the indicators, when I tried to connect the new turn signal's wire it wouldent stay in place. It's pretty hard to explain ill post a pic when I get the chance.

As for the tank, so I don't need to use any acid or chemical? Just water and the bolts?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Sounds like you need to buy a few terminals , change the New and old for somethig that matches.

It's hard to say but unless your tank has huge great flakes of rust coming off iwould only fit the inline filter and ride on. Hard to make a judgment call without seeing it.What i ain't seen a tank sealer that don't end up flaking and making the situation worse than the rust yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sounds like you need to buy a few terminals , change the New and old for somethig that matches.

It's hard to say but unless your tank has huge great flakes of rust coming off iwould only fit the inline filter and ride on. Hard to make a judgment call without seeing it.What i ain't seen a tank sealer that don't end up flaking and making the situation worse than the rust yet.
Here are some pics, the rust is a bit crusty and

as for the turn signal i cant get it to attach it to the cables like on the other turn signal.
(I cant post another pic because I guess I've reach my limit)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Its got some crusty in there ,but I have seen faaar worse . I would fit an inline filter and ride on . Keep an eye on the filter and replace it when it you service . Probably wise to buy a couple and carry one with you just incase you get a block while you are on a longer trip .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would these filters fit any motorcycle? Or am I going to have to buy a particular brand for my gt250r?

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts