Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought my 2007 GT250R January 5th with 2,856 miles on it from the first owner. He said he did all the scheduled maintenance. Today, almost 10 weeks later, the bike has 3,722 miles on it. All I've done for maintenance is clean/lube the chain and put air in the tires. I called the dealership he bought it from to schedule an appointment to have some maintenance done. They said for an oil/oil filter change, spark plug change, and pivot point lube, after labor and parts I'd probably spend $150. Does this sound steep to you guys?

·
Hard rockin' all the way!
523 Posts
Well, considering I do it al myself...yeah!

Trust me, if you have 30 minutes to spare, you can do it, too. Easy stuff.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never done any work on a bike. Do any of you guys know of a good video or anything?

·
Hard rockin' all the way!
523 Posts
Sorry, dude...I don't have a video, but like I said...it's SUPER easy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Look on youtube. Just search in "how to change motorcycle oil, spark plugs, or how to do maintenance on motorcycle". I'm sure there are a couple of vids that may help you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I changed my oil myself. I bought the spark plugs today. Does anyone have any tips for changing the spark plugs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I rejet the carbs myself and now it look like is running too rich, could anyone tell me were is the screw to adjust the air/fuel ratio???
thanks. If you also have some pic would be better

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi there, I rejet the carbs myself and now it look like is running too rich, could anyone tell me were is the screw to adjust the air/fuel ratio???
thanks. If you also have some pic would be better
What mods are you running on your bike?

Most likely you won't need to even touch the air screws. All you'll need to do it lower the needles on the right side of the carbs. Just remove the needles and moved the c-clip to the top notch. Then reinstall and you will be fine.

But again, mention your mods and I'll tell you what your jets and needle settings need to be. I tinkered with my 250 for a couple years with mods so I have a good idea what jet sizes you'll need for what ever mods you have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
similar question

What mods are you running on your bike?

Most likely you won't need to even touch the air screws. All you'll need to do it lower the needles on the right side of the carbs. Just remove the needles and moved the c-clip to the top notch. Then reinstall and you will be fine.

But again, mention your mods and I'll tell you what your jets and needle settings need to be. I tinkered with my 250 for a couple years with mods so I have a good idea what jet sizes you'll need for what ever mods you have.
this is a laaaaaaaaate follow up, but i was scanning the web for some advice and came across this thread.

i recently did a cafe build on a gt250 and ended up chopping down the tail pipe and putting a motogp style tip on it which is basically like having nothing there. it is running lean i believe, it backfires a lot but what is most noticeable is a lack of sufficient back pressure which is making it feel like it's running at half power.

i've read some ideas about turning the mixture screws or rejetting or even putting more bends in the pipe.. well i don't want to bend the pipe around if i don't have to because this was just a fun cheap project.. so what do ya think?

thanks in advance!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts