Sport Bikes banner

GSXRs and Squids

6K views 92 replies 60 participants last post by  TallGuyRR 
#1 ·
I am so sick and tired of seeing them and hearing all these squids talk about them. I don't know about the rest of you, but all the squids at work and around the local area all have GSXRs (600, 750, & 1000s). For Christ sake. :blowingup

I'm done, just need to vent.

#3 ·
Yea some of the guys i went to school with, would say stuff like this, and no im not exagerrating.

Squid 1 "Man those gsxr 750s are so fast its INSANE"
Squid 2 "Yea but the 600's are nicer, their so quick you have no idea until you've been on one"
Squid 1 "True, but the 1000 is still awsome fast compared to both!"

#4 ·
Easy fellas, we're not all bad. :D :p

#6 ·
It seems that the styling Suzuki has appeals to the masses, so they attract a lot more new riders to their side.
Kawasaki has been doing so recently with the 10R, though. I have seen plenty of pics of destroyed 10Rs and new 6Rs as of late.

Honda might just have their marketing set to where they don't have the best numbers, but appeals to the long term riders.

#11 ·
It's the acronym.

I'm guessing chumps are into Suzuki's because they have the Gixxer acronym.

Must make them look more like a biker infront of the other non biking hosers.

Sorry I'm bitter cause chumps with no bikes make fun of my 500R and my gear... It's not up to their standards...

#14 ·
My buddy just walked out the door with an '04 GSXR 600 a couple weeks ago as his first bike. They gave him a loaner helmet till he buys his own. He refuses to wear gloves, says they make it too hard to control the twitchy throttle. He refuses to wear a jacket because its too hot. He does wear the lid ALL the time, and I must say, he is taking it VERY slow. He's only left the back, rural roads where he lives a few times. He stays off the highways, and doesn't do dumb stuff. I still call him a squid for the lack of gear :D.

#15 ·
Squids don't know any better than buying the same "cool" bike as the other squids and/or getting a "cooler" (b*****) bike than the other squids.
Thats why the squids of everey region seem to choose the same model of bike...

#16 ·
Squids get them because they see them the most so they think it must be a great starter bike.

#22 ·
This is all comparable to the import world.. All the ricers have honda civics.. but you know there are some civic drivers out there that drive nice cars and arent ricers. same thing with the bikes man. Yes majority of the squids drive gsxr's but there are some like the few that have posted that arnt squids but also happen to fancy that particular bike....

Lack of gear = Squid, you can dump on the backroads as just as much on the highway, and the backroads are where you get even more stupid then on the highway cuz you think its safer.. The gloves, almost all gloves are made form protection on the knuckle, and control on the bottom so he is full of it, he obviously hasnt tried a pair to understand that. Jacket - to hot even in florida i almost always ride with one, get a textile vented jacket or a preforated leather jacket, plenty out there, there really is no excuse, a few of my friends that have bikes (i choose not to ride with them) tell me ohh you dont need a jacket, ohh i havnt worn my gloves in months, ohh none of the people that ride with us have taken the MSF coarse, i cant wait till one of them lays it down. :D gonna be a good laugh over a beer for me.

just my two cents guys :p

#24 ·
My town is riddled with squids period... It isnt just centralized to gixxers. Just today saw a guy on a F4i with a sleevless shirt, lid, sandals and cargo shorts. In all honesty I have seen 2 guys in all the time i've lived here wear guy. One rides like this awesome blue r1 and has like nice lookin leathers. And the other dude had on a jacket. I swear thats it, my town is riddled with squids. I'm suprised there arent more accidents. Well when i say riddled i say, in the 1 time i saw a sportbike every 2 weeks they nvr have gear. In Flower Mound, the cool kids drive teg's and civics with loud cans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.