Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get a turbo for a 05 gsxr 600? and how much...i know it dosent make a lot of sence putting it on a 600 but its what i have. thanks for the help :beer

·
Registered
238 Posts
it doesnt make sence to put a turbo on any bike. If you want speed in a straight line just sell that thing and get a 'busa. Turbo=Teh Gheyness lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
why turbo, when you could just drop a 750 motor in the frame, and I believe that a 1K motor fits with slight tweaking (moving a motormount)

·
Registered
1 Posts
gsxr600 turbo!

I would also like to know, I have a 05 gsxr!! Been researching for a few weeks now but havent found much.

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Gheyness or not.. here's my pricesheet for turboing:

There are 3 EXPENSIVE parts to a turbo setup, the turbo, the manifolds and the management system.

The Turbo: you can get a used T25 off of Ebay for $100 for one that needs rebuilt (then put another $80 in parts and $225 in labor into it), or get a refurbished one for $300.

The manifolds: If you have a stockpile of aluminum sitting around and a Mig (and know how to use it) you can build your own intake manifold for a hundred bucks in misc peices. If you have to have one made, you're looking at $600 to $1000 for a custom setup.

The Management System: If you add more air, you gotta put more fuel in. If you dont add much air, you can just bump up the fuel pressure to your stock injectors... but what fun is there in THAT?! A standalone Boost-Sensitive Extra-Injector-Controller will run you about $300. Add a two-bar MAP sensor, a wideband O2 sensor, a boost gauge and an o2 meter and you're looking somewhere around $1000 all together. For another $500 to $8000 you could go with a full-stand-alone ECU that will eliminate your stock ECU and control all of your stock Injectors, timing retard, and you can even get something with traction control.

You're already somewhere between $2500 and $10000... and you haven't built your exhaust manifold yet, your fuel piping, your exhaust interconnect, located a spot for an itsy-bitsy intercooler, or beefed up your motor to handle all of the 'huffing' you plan on doing.

Or... for $4500 you could call Mr Turbo or one of the aftermarket manufacturers of sportbike turbo 'kits' and get yourself something already-built.

Phil

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
I've had $1500 quoted by a friend of mine who installs the things for my F4i.

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
well, you tell your buddy, if he want's to make some more cash, i'll look him up. I wanna do something crazy like that.

gay or not, at least they could spell.

·
Registered
271 Posts
turbos are very hard to find for any 600 bikes, at least that is what I found. You could always have one custom made for your bike.....im sure very costly tho

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
oh boy, its your bike do as you please, but I just dont see the facination with turbos on a bike that has plenty of power to do what it was designed to do...............handle well in the twisties

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would just put the 1k motor in, my cousin just did it 2 weeks ago, he started Friday night (I drank and watched) and Sunday afternoon he drove it over to my house. He said he worked on it a good portion of that sat. but shit if it can be done in a weekend why not? If you're a street racing fool you got your perfect sleeper right there and I'd be willing to be a lot less head aches of dealing with the consistant maintnence and tweaking that comes with turbos and the 1k is probably just as fast or pretty close. And yes we went out to a closed portion of our airport (I live in a small town)and let her rip and she screams!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts