Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '04 GSX-R750 and the rear brake has always squeaked. Plus, every person I know who rides a gsxr has the same problem.

Anyone know how to fix it ???

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
get new brake pads.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Brakes squeak, if you're just barely applying them, there's friction there and that's what is causing it. It's not a GSXR only problem. On cars, it's usually because the pad is worn down and there is a little metal thing that sticks out to scrape on your rotor to let you know it's time to replace your brake pads. Either you're just barely dragging the brake when it squeaks, or your pads are worn out, or there could be dirt in them like pooteeytang said.

·
Registered
147 Posts
GSXRGRRL said:
Anyone know how to fix it ???
Stay Off the Damn Rear Brake!!!!!

Seriously!!!

Stay Off the Damn Rear Brake!!!!!

The sooner you rid yourself of the habit of using the rear brake the better off you will be...it can get you into real trouble real fast..

The only time you should use the rear brake is to shave off a little velosity in parking lots and such. NEVER use it for stoping.

A loud squeek might be a good thing. sort of a reminder to "STOP DOING THAT"

I'm done now....

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
^^^ great idea.
Until you're on a road with loose gravel, grab a handful of front brake and lowside....

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
take the break pads off and lightly sand a layer off with sandpaper, sometimes they will glaze over causing them to squeak.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Its not always riding the brakes, or a worn brake pad..Suzuki intruders have a nasty brake squeeeeel no mater how fresh the pads are.

That squeek is sometimes just a frequency vibration of the pad on the caliper. sometimes you can back it with a material that cuts the vibration. I've heard of using a high temp. grease, but i didn't look into it (my brakes don't squeek :neener )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts