Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jai, FZ6_dude and myself are heading to Jennings in the morning so we are prepping the bikes today. Instead of unplugging the head lights and tail light from the loom, can we simply remove the fuses to these?

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Look in your manuals and see what those fuses control. Sometimes you can unplug the fuse to the headlight, but usually the fuses to the taillights control other things.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking too.....give me 2 mins and check your pms bro...we had a question about this weekend.

G

·
You've got a fuse for each headlight high, and low. Those should be no problem to pull. The taillight you'll probably end up unplugging.

Have a safe and fun time.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
If the fuses protect other things that you don't care about, pull them. Headlights are usually on their own fuses. The tail lights should be easy to disconnect at a connector in the tail. You still may have to tape the lenses depending on the track rules. With the bulbs out you won't end up with as much tape residue on the lenses.

Have fun. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you think you're gonna need your guage cluster, you'll have to unplug the rear lights. :)

Found this out the hard way at my first track day a few months back. I pulled both H\L fuses and the one for the rear lamps and found that the cluster is fused through there. There I am, furiously pulling plugs in my tail section, while Sarge is making last call for my first run of the day. :banana

If my memory was just a little bit better, I could tell you which plug it is, but it's not, so you're on your own. :cheers

Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts