Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, everyone I have a 2002 gsxr 750 that I want to drop a 1000 engine and I was wondering on how difficult that would be and if I would have to mess with the transmission as well. any help would be appriciated

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
As I understand it as long as you stay with the same type engine (water cooled or oil cooled) it will go straight in.

Here's a site specficaly on the 711 and what fits and wont...

http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/ I believe you can also put the Busa engine in a 750..... :eek: :D

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
send a PM to gixxerking...he recently did exactly what you are asking about

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sure anything is possible with enough cutting and welding. Interesting though. My friend wants to throw a 1K in his 600 but doesn't really know where to start or get a motor but at least he can dream. hahaha, sorry bad fingers!

Post up your results I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check on Gixxer.com. There is ALOT of info there and quite a bit of info on this same thing. Good Luck, I think its a whole lot easier just to buy the b***** bike.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i seem to recall GK having to make new mounting places on the frame, but other than that, I think it dropped right in. I could be wrong though. I'll shoot him a PM and ask him to come check out the thread.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
ahhh fun fun :)

the 1K motor will fit. when you drop the motor in, the 2 rear mounts line up perfectly. however the front ones do not. you do have to have brackets for teh front two mounts. you either have to make your own or buy them. crazy2wheeler at gixxer.com sells the brackets for $240. i personally made my own. all in all it took me a day to make the brackets and finish assembly. unfortunately i dont have any pics to show as a friend of mine has the pics and the ones that i had posted up got wiped with the site.

...come to think of it you could check the archives in the KC forum. the post may still be there :)

it will work it just take a lil time and no its not necessarily the better route to just buy the b***** bike, it all depends on your circumstances :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts