Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi out there i am looking for a sportbike, and its gonna be the GSXR 1000 K4, or the R1 2004. Do you have any inputs, which you will chose and why? which have the most power, best handling etc? cheers :sodapop

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
turbo busas are nice.

and the stretched and slammed ones have a long wheel base, so they are very beginner friendly.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would go with the R1, expecially if it's the liquid metal color. to me, it's dead sexy!!!!! rode one for a bit and loved it. i already have a Gix so an R1 would be the choice for me. the one thing i ddn't like about the R1 was the tall first gear which was a bit of a pain taking off,feathering the clutch. i realize it's nitpicky, but at the time, i was just used to my bike and it felt annoying on the R1. i know i would get used to it, so not a deal breaker.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
turbo busas are nice.

and the stretched and slammed ones have a long wheel base, so they are very beginner friendly.
+1

And don't forget to add a bottle of nitrous oxide. That way the posers will know you are the real deal.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The tall first gear can be made more "street friendly" so to say just drop a tooth in the front sprocket. No one needs to go 180+ on the street anyway.

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
Asking this kind of question usually gets you pounded on this forum. That being said, I will assume that you have been riding bikes for three years and this is not your bike.

The R1 of that year is perhaps the best looking (IMHO) japanese sportbike ever - but I am very biased and partial to Yamaha design and styling.

That being said, the K4-6 will make better streetbikes as they have a more comfortable riding position, tons of race / street parts made for them and have (IMHO again) a more streetable engine with great midrange.

I am sure that many will tell you this but I would buy the bike that was best taken care of at the lowest price regardless of mileage. Someone who is a martinet about taking care of their bike can make a bike with 50,000 miles be a much better buy then the guy who never bothered to change the oil or adjust the chain in a 5,000 mile bike.

I hope this helps. The popcorn abuse brigade is out - so if I were you, I would accept their abuse as concern for you and your life rather than abuse of you for making a foolish decision on a bike. Also, riding a dirtbike in the past helps - but it is way different than a literbike on the street - dirt hurts a lot less when you slam into it than cars, walls, pavement. Also spend a minimum of $1000 on safety gear if you don't already have it and get an expensive (read good) helmet and wear leather. Luck.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The tall first gear can be made more "street friendly" so to say just drop a tooth in the front sprocket. No one needs to go 180+ on the street anyway.
that's why i said it's being nitpicky since i could change it easy peasy. everything else about the bike is pure SEX! when i test rode the R1, i wasn't in the market for a bike. The sales guy is a really good friend and made me go ride it while he took the lead on his R1. normally, i wouldn't ride another bike unless i was buying, but he and the wife basically pushed me enough to take it for a spin. had fun, but not something i would do on a regular basis. don't like racking up miles on other people's bikes. I'm weird about that. Murphy and i don't get along real well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts