Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I started on a Ninja 250- two years ago sold that moved to a 2002 GSXR 600 and now I think I would like to move on to something else.. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 5'9" female ?
Don't get me wrong I love the GSXR but I am ready for something else. I would keep this bike for track days only but we are running out of room in the garage. i think I am going to spend the rest of this ridding season shopping and maybee out the GSXR on the chopping block for sale in the early winter but of course not before I start looking for something else. The next bike will really have too jump out at me and say " hey I am the one " before I get rid of this one.
Any help or suggestions anyone has to offer would be great.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
what do you want to do, riding wise? the 600 is more the enough for 90% of street riders.....

·
Registered
912 Posts
get the gsxr 750. awesome bike

·
Registered
558 Posts
get a falco, or tuono.. great bikes.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The GSXR is definetly enough for me. I am not looking for that reason.
My right hand has been going numb alot lately when I ride so I think it may be time to buy something with a little higher handle bars.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neverlose said:
get a falco, or tuono.. great bikes.
Coorect me if I am wrong but isn't the Tuono a naked or semi naked bike ? I am not much into the naked bike look . But if it fit the comfort range I was looking for and I could get a plastics kit for it I would definetly consider it..

How hunched over are you on this particular bike ?

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
or loosen on up on the bars. my hand still goes numb at times and i realize when it does, it is b/c i'm tense on the bars. as soon as i loosen up, the numbness goes away...helluva lot cheaper than a new bike.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
My hands go numb even on hard Sunday rides, I know what I'm doing wrong, but I tend just to get excited and not pay attention to my grip.

But if you really want a new bike, just to have something new, then get the 05' 600RR... they are inverting the forkes this yr! Weeeeee!!!

RIDE RED!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
japbike said:
My hands go numb even on hard Sunday rides, I know what I'm doing wrong, but I tend just to get excited and not pay attention to my grip.

But if you really want a new bike, just to have something new, then get the 05' 600RR... they are inverting the forkes this yr! Weeeeee!!!

RIDE RED!!!!

The 04 gixxers have inverted forks too(03+ on the 1000). Also, if you want a higher bar and love your zooki, check out the sv650 or sv1000? You can get them with lower fairings...

·
who......me????
293 Posts
I have the same problem...i have carpal tunnel pretty bad, that's my problem. I had an F4i for 3 years then got rid of that and bought a VFR this year. I have a throttle rocker (www.throttlerocker.com) which i also used on the F4i, but with the VFR my hand has only gone numb once, it was 35 degrees out and i had to go 70 miles... that sucked! Plus the VFR is very comfortable, i just got back from a 1300 mile trip and my body was never sore. You do lean forward a little but it is not as extreme as you do with the 600's. And it still has the sportbike feeling the the handling and everything. there's my 2.5 cents!

good luck

·
Registered
308 Posts
get a new f4i w/ the comfy banana seat

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
adjust the brake or clutch lever on the bar and ease up on the grip and see how that goes before switching bikes, it's alot cheaper.

·
Registered
173 Posts
zuki baby...if you get a gixxer i would recommend a 750...the 600 is awsome but i wish i got a 750 it would have saved me money in mods on my 600...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Grip w/ your knees, not your hands...you're holding on to tight.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
taziscool said:
Grip w/ your knees, not your hands...you're holding on to tight.
Thanks to everyone for the inpute. I actually am not holding on all that tight with my hands, but I will try to make more of an effort to pay better attention to that and see if maybe it makes a difference. Usually when I ride for more than an hour my back and knees are a little sore from holding on with them. I have tried re-griping the bike and buying gel gloves as well. But I use a computer all day at work and I have also started to notice the numbness happening there to. Think I may be getting some carpel- tunnel happening. Sucks though becuase I am only 27 years old.
I am going to try getting a throttle rocker for use on long rides and maybe pay more attention to my grip see if that makes a difference. I have also considered getting an F4I. Can anyone tell me if I will be loosing the power I have my GSXR ? I really don't want to loose to much if any of the power. Guess I can't win want the comfort but yet want the power and performance to. Any suggestions ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts