Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently riding an '04 SV650 and am going to buy another bike. I have a Suzuki dealer that still has an '05 GSX R 600 and they are wanting $8300 out the door. He said that the '06 GSXR 600 will be in around April and they will be $8800 out the door. He said he would drop the price on the '05 model to $8000 when the '06 roll in the door. He quoted a price of $9900 OTD for the GSXR 750. What are your opinions on this? Buy the '05 600 and save around $800 if the '05 is still there in April? Go ahead and get the 750? Are the improvements on the '06 much better than the '05? I know they changed the body,but what else has changed?

Thanks,

Tye

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get1, I see you ride a 750. Have you ever riden the 600? If so, is there alot of difference between the to? Is it like night vs.day comparing them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get It

I agree with Get1, i've ridden both and owned a 750. 750 is the way to go. I also agree with the die TO thing too.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
my friend has the same year 600 and really cant determine the difference (same drivability)..but just saying you have a 750 sounds better than 600.. although the 600 is a couple seconds (fractions of a second) slower, the acceleration on both are typical sportbikes.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
I've had one of each. The 750 obviously has more torque and hp. Though it's really only felt up high in the rpm range.
The gsxr750 is not really a mid range motor. I've said it before that I think the 750 is the perfect sport bike,
but for the difference in money, you can't go wrong with that 600.

The 600 will still seem quite a bit faster to you than your sv in most circumstances.

As for the '05 vs '06... how much is that extra $500-$800 worth to you?
The '05 is plenty of bike, the '06 should be plenty +.
The '05 may be gone by April...

Don't get a 750 over a 600 because it sounds better to your friends... 600s are plenty fast enough for anybody on here.
Quicker than a liter bikes on a tight track. That's why I got one.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Tye, if you are into tracks/twisties the 6 is the way to go, the 750 is less forgiving. either bike will have a different feel than the SV. It's all about what you are looking for. The 6 is the overall more fun bike though

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input.I went back to the dealer on Friday and they said their '06 600 and 750's might be in around the end of Feb. I sat on the '05 600 again and it seemed pretty tall. They had the '06 1000 sitting right next to it and the 1000 seemed slightly shorter and more comfortable holding the bike up. The 1000 is too much bike so I'm going to look at the 600 and 750 when they come in. I'm not in that much of a hurry for a liter bike. I think I might start going to a few track days this summer so the 600 might be the bike for me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
what about insurance? check that 1st---if all things considered are the same, get the 750. Just a wee bit more comfortable than the 6. Just my .02c

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
swiz grp, what is a good price for an '06 750? I thought you were doing good to get the bike for the MSRP out the door?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tye said:
swiz grp, what is a good price for an '06 750? I thought you were doing good to get the bike for the MSRP out the door?

All the dealers are anticipating that the Yamaha LE's and the Gixxer 600 and 750 are going to sell out fast this year so they are more hesitant to work out any type of good deal on them but if you walk in with a cash deposit and let them know you will not need them to help with financing they will be more likely to offer a better deal. It always helps to be friends with someone at a bike shop too, obviously. My buddy is a service manager and did some calling around (he's real big in networking in the cycle industry), he got me and a buddy of mine each an '06 Gixx750 for $8998(each obviously) out the door at a shop he doesnt even work at. Now I realize its ridiculous to expect that kind of deal but this shop we got them from is notorious for ripping people off with their "deals"; so if they are doing this deal then other more fair dealerships must also be able to offer better than MSRP. Good luck!
BTW, they are claiming that they will be in late February.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jk750 said:
If you have 'connections' that's good for you. Otherwise, $9.9k OTD is not a bad price for an '06 750.

However, HondaEast of Toledo, where I got my bike, lists them at $8,799.00! Minus TTT etc...

Damn! That's cheap!!! :banana
Honda East is actually one of the other places my buddy called, he buys about 30 bikes from them a year but they werent even returning his calls, probably because it was right after the dealer show and they were selling bikes left and right anyway(or because they knew the Gixx wouldnt be out for another month and a half anyway). They usually have great prices.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Where in texas r you?? That's not a bad price. I have been out of riding for several years (having kids etc. etc.) I am back and forth over the 750 and 600, but I agree the mid range is better on the 600 and the colors on the 600 R SEXY!!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
:cheers
D Hards said:
Where in texas r you?? That's not a bad price. I have been out of riding for several years (having kids etc. etc.) I am back and forth over the 750 and 600, but I agree the mid range is better on the 600 and the colors on the 600 R SEXY!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts