Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone knows I am looking for a new(er) sportbike. I ran across a dealer that has a 2002 GSX-R 750 for $6200 though I think I can get it a little cheaper. Anyone know how the 2002 model compares to the 2005 models?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
As far as performance there have only been marginal changes that most riders really woundnt notice on the street. IMO the loks have changed for the better, although I think they still have a ways to go. The 750s dont look bad at all I just think the looks need to be updated a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Everyone knows I am looking for a new(er) sportbike. I ran across a dealer that has a 2002 GSX-R 750 for $6200 though I think I can get it a little cheaper. Anyone know how the 2002 model compares to the 2005 models?
The 05 is using a little mor titanuim, over all it is a little lighter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
833 Posts
$6200 for a 3 year old bike? I'm sure you can dicker that down closer to the mid $5000 range.

Differences? There hasn't been a major update between now and 2002 other than cosmetics as far I know. Suzuki marketing may make a big deal about revalving shocks and forks and shaving a lb here and there but I think they are essentially the same bikes underneath the skin.
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone! Very informative!! I also agree that I can get it down to the mid 5s also.
 

·
My fanclub is here
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Stainless vs titanium header and valves. Some internal differences of the engine and throttle bodies. Radial brake system on the '05. Dunno if any of it amounts to anything at all.
 

·
King of Oilernation
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Very little difference. Killer bikes. I'd try to grab the '02 for $5800 or so. You definitely won't be disappointed!!!
 

·
My fanclub is here
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
I smoked a new R1 in the str8 at a recent trackday on my k2. They have plenty of power if you can use it. I sat on a '05 again yesterday while picking up a bearing and still can't find a reason to get one. I don't care for the painted frame for one thing or any of the color schemes except the anniversary edition.
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kewl! I appreciate the info guys! This waiting is killing me...:lol
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scott_R6 said:
keep us updated and of course post pictures if you get it.

Will do! I am actually trying to get another bike within 30 days or less. I have sold a gun of mine...got another helluva gun up for sale, selling an almost new lawn mower that has been in storage for the past year and a 1995 Crown Vic Police Interceptor and considering selling my boat to get another bike, plus may either sell or trade my Katana for another bike plus cash....plus I have been saving cash from my pay to go towards a bike!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,370 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Will do! I am actually trying to get another bike within 30 days or less. I have sold a gun of mine...got another helluva gun up for sale, selling an almost new lawn mower that has been in storage for the past year and a 1995 Crown Vic Police Interceptor and considering selling my boat to get another bike, plus may either sell or trade my Katana for another bike plus cash....plus I have been saving cash from my pay to go towards a bike!

ooooh I always wanted a vic. No one fucks with the vic! how much? Could I get a SBN discount:p
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
steeltoe said:
If I get a ticket at Shady can I call you?


Sure can bro!!! Not sure if it will help or not but if you get a ticket call me!
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ZxHunteR said:
ooooh I always wanted a vic. No one fucks with the vic! how much? Could I get a SBN discount:p

I was planning to ask 1500 for it....but if you want it how does 1250 sound??
 

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
Joined
·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If it doesn't sell here I plan to put it on eBay and locally.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top